Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Lagavulin Distillers Edition vs Laphroaig 15

Take part in our whisky polls and votes. You can also post your own polls in this forum.

Prefered malt?

Lagavulin PX
79%
Laphroaig 15
21%

Total votes : 14
Related whiskies : Laphroaig 15 Years Old

Lagavulin Distillers Edition vs Laphroaig 15

Postby Lugarteniente » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:15 am

What´s your favorite and why?

Lugarteniente
Bronze Member

Postby Oliver » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am

I am not sure I know. I mean these are two pretty different birds... One is a cask finished malt while the other isn't...
In the end I would probably vote for the LAgavulin, because I think the LAphroaig 15 goes against the distillery profile, and while the Lagavulin DE does also for sure -- at least it does it in style :D
Oliver
Silver Member

Postby Mustardhead » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:01 am

I voted for the Lagavulin PX. Partly because I tasted it for the first time recently and I have an open bottle within reach :)

I think the Lagavulin takes the character of the standard 16yo and takes it in a new direction. The PX finish dominates for so long it is difficult to pick up the iodine of the Lagavulin through it. It definitely challenges the Lagavulin drinker and I bet a few don't like it because it is so different. I love it.

I have fond memories of drinking Laphroaig 15yo and I intend to try some again soon. It tamed the savagery of the old 10yo but still retained all the taste. It just made for a more subtle dram. I don't know how the current version compares with the current 10yo.
Mustardhead
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Laphroaig 15 Years Old

Return to Whisky Poll

Whisky gift and present finder