Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

New Glen Scotia 12

General chat and talk about whisky.

New Glen Scotia 12

Postby DramMeister » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:48 pm

I was browsing through a whisky shop the other day (Zouch Cellars in Ashby Leics) when I noticed a tall electric blue tube that had Glen Scotia 12 on it.
I personally didn't know it had changed from the previous 14 yr old.

The shop assistant told me it was a supply problem that had brought on the change. He was saddened at the change of bottle shape. However, I remember commenting to a pal when I bought a bottle of 14 a couple of years ago, how dated it's look was.

With such a dramatic change in packaging, have the contents changed as much with it?
DramMeister
Silver Member

Postby kallaskander » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:32 am

Hi there,

Blue? Here it is metallic green. Loch Lomond or Glencatrine Bonded Warehouses brought out the Glen Scotia and the Littlemill as a 12 yo last year already. Was it 2005 already? The Littlemill tube is yellow and there is a Inchmurrin 10 years in the same design but in a red tube.

I have not tried one of those but I heard that whiskies differ greatly from the old ones.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:57 am

Is this the new bottle???

It is one of the distilleries that I have never seen an OB on sale in a shop :shock:

Depending on your eyes it could be considered Green or Blue :wink: but probably has more to do with the light

Image Image
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby kallaskander » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi there,

well, here is one. The 14 yo in the green dumpy bottle was an OB as well. Glen Scotia does belong to Loch Lomond Distillery Ltd. and it is their bottling. Haven`t tried it yet, though.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder