Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Milroy's Tomfarclas 35yo

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Milroy's Tomfarclas 35yo

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:27 am

Dear all,

Milroy's of Soho is bottling what seems rather interesting old Speysider - they are calling it "Tomfarclas" and it is 35yo refill sherry cask whisky, only 92 bottles at 46%.

The question to you all is, what is this whisky - any guesses? I do not hold this information, my personal guess would be Glenfarclas or Aberlour. Suffice to say, Milroy's will not name it, which is of course understandable.

After having a chat with the shop I reserved a bottle, because heard good things about it and for the price of £90 it is quite modestly priced for such an old whisky. But what could it be, if not one of the above?
Deactivated Member

Re: Milroy's Tomfarclas 35yo

Postby corbuso » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:13 pm

M.R.J. wrote:Dear all,

Milroy's of Soho is bottling what seems rather interesting old Speysider - they are calling it "Tomfarclas" and it is 35yo refill sherry cask whisky, only 92 bottles at 46%.

The question to you all is, what is this whisky - any guesses? I do not hold this information, my personal guess would be Glenfarclas or Aberlour. Suffice to say, Milroy's will not name it, which is of course understandable.

After having a chat with the shop I reserved a bottle, because heard good things about it and for the price of £90 it is quite modestly priced for such an old whisky. But what could it be, if not one of the above?

I would be very suprised if it not a Glenfarclas. Sherry and Price are in range.
Is it a single malt or a vatted one?

Corbuso
----------
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:00 pm

It is a single, drawn from an Oloroso sherry cask.
Last edited by Deactivated Member on Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:51 pm

chances are glenfarclas as they dont allow folk to use there name on IB bottles.

also, a lot more chance of an IB having a 35yo glenfarclas than a 35yo aberlour.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:51 pm

just looked at the price their chargin for it, really it could only be a glenfarclas at that price...
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder