Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Lismore "The Legend" 21 yrs

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Lismore "The Legend" 21 yrs

Postby Lillyburn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:30 pm

This weekend a friend and I decided we wanted to enjoy a Glenfarclas, a whisky we had yet to try. The place where we purchase is known to be very reputable in Southern California for their expertise in all spirits. Not knowing what year of Glenfarclas to choose the two guys helping us recommended we go with the Lismore, "The Legend", 21 yrs saying it is a Glenfarclas but bottled for Lismore since Glenfarclas already had a 21 yr.... This was considered a specialty Glenfarclas, only 1800 bottles produced.

I have researched high and low for confirmation of this and have found nothing. Looking back through some threads I have read that Glenrothes were very possibly in Lismore bottles before the 21 year Lismore. Perhaps the sales reps whom I dealt with were confused by the Glenfarclas and Glenrothes?

Very confused... But certainly enjoyed the mystery bottle. It was very very good! Any thoughts?????
Lillyburn

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:05 pm

Lismore is not a distillery, but a brand name used by a bottling company. Companies like this will bottle the product of different distilleries, depending on what they want and what they can get. Often there are contracts to provide whisky over a period of time, but the actual contents can change from time to time. What's in there may be an open secret, or very closely guarded. Sometimes there is misinformation. I'm not familiar with Lismore, but I think some others here have discussed it--no doubt one of them will be around to help shortly.
Deactivated Member

Lismore

Postby Muskrat Portage » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:45 pm

Lillyburn
It is proposed that Lismore NAS may be Glen Rothes 5 yo on the Alias Malts website:
http://www.smwhisky.com/alias_m.htm
Is it possible that they have acquired some 21 yo Glenrothes?
Edit: It's noted in Maltwhisky.com at this entry page:
http://www.maltwhiskey.com/html/othermalts.htm

Muskrat Portage
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:06 pm

No reason the NAS can't be Glenrothes and the 21 Glenfarclas.
Deactivated Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder