Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Isle of Jura 1984 George Orwell limited edition

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Isle of Jura 1984 George Orwell limited edition

Postby Steve Rush » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:39 pm

When Isle of Jura released the 1984 George Orwell limited edition bottling a couple of years back I did manage to get a couple of bottles. Alas they both ended up at the bottom of the glass.

I have been trying everywhere to try and get at least another two bottles, one to drink and one to keep but have had no luck. Has anyone seen this rather fine tasting dram anywhere recently?
Steve Rush
Bronze Member

Postby kallaskander » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi there,

yes, here in Germany in one place. But with all the fuss about a verdict of the EC law court which makes it risky for retailers to ship spirits it will be hard to get the bottles to you I`m afraid.

Greetings
kallaskander
kallaskander
Double Gold Member

Re: Isle of Jura 1984 George Orwell limited edition

Postby corbuso » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:30 pm

Steve Rush wrote:When Isle of Jura released the 1984 George Orwell limited edition bottling a couple of years back I did manage to get a couple of bottles. Alas they both ended up at the bottom of the glass.

I have been trying everywhere to try and get at least another two bottles, one to drink and one to keep but have had no luck. Has anyone seen this rather fine tasting dram anywhere recently?

Still on sale in many shops in Switzerland and can be bought at the Bale-Mulhouse Airport.

Corbuso
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Steve Rush » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:27 pm

Thanks for replying guys, most appriciated.

Well I have some friends in Switzerland, so looks like I may need to call in a couple of favours :D
Steve Rush
Bronze Member

Postby vitara7 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:39 pm

i did see this bottle at edinburgh duty free last time i went through, (just before xmas) £35 or £40 abottle if i recall right.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder