Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Talisker 18 yr

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Talisker 18 Years Old

Talisker 18 yr

Postby Jack Skellington » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:12 pm

Just awaiting delivery on Talisker 18yr (Talisker a brand which I have neglected for absolutely no reason!!). Any comments before I break the seal??
Jack Skellington

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Slàinte mhath!
Deactivated Member

Postby les taylor » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:26 pm

Jack savour the moment. Don't rush it.

If you've not seen Richard Joynson's comments on the T18 I've included them below. They are worth thinking about as you enjoy your first nose and taste, Hope you enjoy the moment you deserve it.

Talisker OB 18yo 46%alc.

The T10 was my first love, now I'm besotted by a more mature honey. Sensational!

I tried this over a briny weekend a while ago and thought I preferred the 10 for it's uncompromising power but now, tucked up ashore, this is my new, more mellow, sweetheart. Ace.

Doo-doo-doo, tum-ti-tum.

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Gosh I could use some Talisker now. I'm freezing cold and it's been blowing a gale outside all day - and making a terrible racket as it tries to get in through the fan in the window.
Deactivated Member

Postby Matt2 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:41 pm

Just been awarded "Best Island (non-Islay) Single Malt Whisky" in the World Whiskies Awards. http://www.whiskymag.com/awards/wwa/
I will try and get the tasting notes uploaded ASAP...
Matt2

Postby Reggaeblues » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:38 pm

Bought one last week after falling in love with it on Valentine's night...at my local pub of all places. But that was just a Valentine's kiss -I'm awaiting the right moment( and company) to undress this bottle.

T10's softer, sweeter, older, more experienced sister, with more subtle layers to undress...you're in for a TREAT!

Les is right! "Savour the moment...don't rush it!"
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 am

It's a good whisky - one of the best, but I wouldn't die in a ditch if I could only ever drink the 10yo :wink:
Deactivated Member

Related whiskies : Talisker 18 Years Old

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder