Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Alchemist- independent bottler

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Alchemist- independent bottler

Postby dapa » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:54 pm

Hey ya!

Does anyone have any experience of Alchemist bottlings? Nice packaging and decent prices but what about the quality? Can they really create gold? :lol:
dapa

Postby Ganga » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:53 am

MikeyMad and I intend to check out the Alchemist selections at the WOW '07 in SF next month. I'll try to post something afterwards.
Ganga
Matured cask

Postby les taylor » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:19 am

I have tried the Port Charlotte the Macallan and the Calvados not dissappointed with any of them. I think they do exactly what it says on the tin.

:)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

I've had the HP, calvados, and armagnac. Enjoyed them all. I think, based on this limited sample, that their philosophy and bottling regime are splendid. I wish I could buy these in the US.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:37 am

I tried their HP at Whisky Live last year. It was pretty good if I remember rightly.
Deactivated Member

Postby Steve Rush » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:37 pm

les taylor wrote:I have tried the Port Charlotte the Macallan and the Calvados not dissappointed with any of them. I think they do exactly what it says on the tin.
:)

Sampled these along with the Highland Park 15, which was fabulous at this years Whisky Live London. Bought a bottle of the Calvados as this was the only one of their range left at Royal Mile on the day.

Be very interesting to see what else these guys come out with down the line as so far they have some blinding bottlings.
Steve Rush
Bronze Member

Re: Alchemist- independent bottler

Postby lwknigh » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:54 pm

dapa wrote:Hey ya!

Does anyone have any experience of Alchemist bottlings? Nice packaging and decent prices but what about the quality? Can they really create gold? :lol:

I see where LFW has posted a Alchemist 10yo Springbank on it website.I may order that!Cheers
lwknigh

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder