Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Springbank 175th anniversary

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Springbank 175th anniversary

Postby dapa » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:44 am

Hi!
I have an oppurtunity to buy a couple of these bottlings. One to drink and one to save. Michael Jackson seem to like it but then again he feels a bit "Campbel-bias". He gave a ninety. Is it worth around 60 Euros?
Thanks!
/dapa
dapa

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:52 am

Around €60 is really not a bad price for this one. I have seen them sold in the €80 to €95 range at times.

I also know a few people who rate this whisky quite highly too, but I personally haven't tried it.
MT
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:06 pm

for 60euro each its a good deal. cheapest i know of this edition over here is just over£40 a bottle
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Mike Ralston » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:42 pm

When it first came out, after my 1st bottle I got myself a case because I liked it so much. I'd also heard that the workers at the distillery were buying it like there was no tomorrow, so I wanted to make sure I had some just in case stocks ran out early...

Glad to see it's still readily available. 60 euros seems like a good price to me.
Mike Ralston

Postby Mr Ellen » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:01 pm

I agree with most of the speakers before me. In my opinion it's one of the best Springbank expressions around (far better than the ordinary 10, 15 or 100 Proof) and I also secured a few bottles for future drinking. If you can still find it at €60.00 my recommendation is...buy, buy buy... :wink:

Cheers

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder