Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Trying to date old CC minis - your help appreciated

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Trying to date old CC minis - your help appreciated

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:49 am

Gentlemen,

a friend has recently purchased some oldish minis of ebay and have graciously invited me to a exclusive two person tasting at a later date. Needless to say, I'm kinda excited about this - should be good fun :D

However, we are both curious about the age of these malts. While all bottles has a distilling year, none of the has an age statement or bottling year.

According to my friend, none of them has lot codes either.

I know that the brown CC labels were discontinued in 1988 and the old map labels in 1997 - but closer than that we can't currently get.

Does any of the most esteemed forum members have any advice as to how we can determine the bottling year of these minis?

Thank you in advance.

ImageImage
Image Image
Image Image
Last edited by Jan on Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Gold Member

Postby corbuso » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:01 am

To determine the age, I would try to identify their full size bottles counterparts which will have the date of bottling (at least for the one with the old map)...

Corbuso
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby Scotchio » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:19 am

Equivalent full bottles listed in the Malt Monitor suggest Balmenach, Speyburn,Benriach 12yrs, Benromach 14yrs, Imperial 18yrs, Caperdonich 26yrs. Won't tell you the specific ratings as it could spoil your fun, but they range from 69 to 88,
Scotchio
Gold Member

Postby Jan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:01 am

Wow - that was quick. :shock:

Guys, thank you for your help and you Scotchio in particular for looking it up for me. (You are quite right - no sense in knowing others scores beforehand.)

:D
Jan
Jan
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder