Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bruichladdich First Cut- on ebay

General chat and talk about whisky.

Bruichladdich First Cut- on ebay

Postby r900p » Wed May 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Bruichladdich First Cut on ebay uk, 1 of 950. Guy from Edinburgh is selling it, should these people be allowed to buy them. Plus £85, i would be interested but at that price i'm not sure, and postage is on top, which ism't mentioned.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 31, 2007 10:21 am

Is your suggestion that people from Edinburgh shouldn't be allowed to buy whisky? Is their money less good than yours?
Deactivated Member

Postby les taylor » Thu May 31, 2007 10:27 am

Nick Brown wrote:Is your suggestion that people from Edinburgh shouldn't be allowed to buy whisky? Is their money less good than yours?

Nick, I think Rob was just saying where the guy came from. It could of been London or Birmingham. It identifies the item without naming names.
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Thu May 31, 2007 11:06 am

Greetings from Sunny Port Ellen !
Expect lots more on E-bay , some people were buying loads , one guy in front of me bought 20 Valinches ! Not that i'm saying he was buying them for e-bay ..... he was Italian i believe , not that i'm saying Italians buy to sell on e-bay ......
The PC5.5 is very nice , not as nice as my PC of course , got a couple to drink . Got the Bunnahabhain one as well (haven't tried it yet ) , also got one of them special miniatures from Ardbeg ......

Highlights so far ....
Jim -Sans masterclass , great ( had a try of their 6 yo Laddie WOW! wish i'd bought a cask of 2001 Laddie !)
Johns Warehouse Tour , brilliant as last year , we want more old Bunny at decent prices !
Ardbeg Managers Tour , nice way to meet the new man .

I',m off to the Rhinns now to soak up them lovely Rays , pass the sun tan oil !
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby r900p » Thu May 31, 2007 11:40 am

Nick,

My apologies, my intention was merely to say where the bottle was from, there is no postage cost with the item and i was hoping shipping would be cheaper to Cumbria rather than Yorkshire.

Spirit of Islay my cask is 2001, you'll have to gte in touch a few years from now, there is going to be some surplus, well it will all be drunk, but a few will be leaving their brothers.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 31, 2007 11:52 am

les taylor wrote:
Nick Brown wrote:Is your suggestion that people from Edinburgh shouldn't be allowed to buy whisky? Is their money less good than yours?

Nick, I think Rob was just saying where the guy came from. It could of been London or Birmingham. It identifies the item without naming names.

Les - I know, but I was trying to make a point. If whisky is on sale for £x, how or why should a distillery decide whether or not the customer is "allowed" to buy it. Why should a person be "allowed" to buy it for their own consumption but not if they want to sell it on? And what about the collector who wants to buy the bottle but never intends to drink it. If you have the money and can afford the price, you should be allowed to buy.

And as for the chap with his 20 Valinches, fair enough too. I'm sure Bruichladdich is canny enough to just pop the next cask on the rack when the current one is empty. Who knows, they might be able to offload 20 of that to the same chap.

At the end of the day, the distilleries are doing well selling festival bottles at considerably more than they'd get for the same whisky with a regular label. They're getting a good deal. Perhaps with higher prices, they'd get even more; perhaps, though, that would push people over the tipping point and they'd stop buying, leaving the distillery with unsold bottles.

And even if you miss out on, say, the Laphroaig Feis Ile bottle, you can find plenty of good single cask 17yo Laphroaigs from independents for reasonable sums of money.
Deactivated Member

Postby karlejnar » Thu May 31, 2007 8:50 pm

r900p wrote:Spirit of Islay my cask is 2001, you'll have to gte in touch a few years from now, there is going to be some surplus, well it will all be drunk, but a few will be leaving their brothers.

Sounds good Rob - I would be very interested in buying a couple. Or even swap for Port Charlotte 2003 although that maybe won't be bottled at the same time, but a bit later.
karlejnar
Silver Member

Postby vitara7 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:55 am

gorden, you must have been in the queue at bruichladdich same time as me as i seen the same bloke requesting 20 pc5.5´s.
the same bloke was at bowmore with me and he bought 12 of them, and he wanbted them packaged up by the distillery folk so they could be posted...
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:30 pm

Hi Vitara 7 ,
I was actually behind him in the filling queue :x
At least they've sold 12 of the Bowmores then..... :lol:
Everyones favourite Retailer was telling me today everyone he seen pick up a bottle put it straight back when they saw the price !
Tried the Bunny bottling yesterday , absolutely fantastic !
Hope you enjoyed the festival as much as we did , Already reserved our cottage for next year !
Slainte
Gordon
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:09 am

weve booked the oystercatcher allready too, it was great.
the port charlotte hotel were charging 16.50 a dram for the festival bunna, got one but didnt open it.

i didnt manage to get over to jura, but ive got the 8yo on the way, didnt fancy the 19yo they were doing at 100quid a bottle, i got one of everything else except the ardbeg, was waiting at the doors of laga on the shop opening to get one of those :wink:
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:08 pm

vitara7 wrote:the port charlotte hotel were charging 16.50 a dram for the festival bunna, got one but didnt open it.

Should have went down to An Tigh Seinnse , it was only £11 a dram there.....
I was surprised how cheap the other drams were in there , the Blacker still was £9 and most of the normal drams were £2-3 each .
Can also recommend the Homemade Portnahaven Crab soup .
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 9:56 pm

they were charging 4.15 in the white hart for a brucihladdich 10yo :evil:
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby martin grant » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:30 pm

martin grant
Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:36 pm

they were on sale for 55quid at the festival on the sunday, notice that one comes with a tin, my two only came with a bag :evil:
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby r900p » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:43 pm

The tin may be a spare the seller has, i have a couple spare, used fr coins and pens. I supposw they are more attractive with a tin.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:48 pm

vitara7 wrote:they were on sale for 55quid at the festival on the sunday, notice that one comes with a tin, my two only came with a bag :evil:

The seller said the tin was for posting purposes. That makes sense to protect precious cargo.

:)
les taylor

Postby martin grant » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Will be interesting to see what it goes for. Already at £90 I see. Appears expensive to me for a 500ml Bruichladdich!

Have added this auction to my watched items in ebay
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:31 pm

Have you seen the Loch Dhu Black on at the moment. Its had 19 bids currently at £52. The funny thing the bottle is only 200mil. IT'S A MINI. :shock: I think that was missed.

les taylor

Postby martin grant » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:44 pm

les taylor wrote:Have you seen the Loch Dhu Black on at the moment. Its had 19 bids currently at £52. The funny thing the bottle is only 200mil. IT'S A MINI. :shock: I think that was missed.

Gulp!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOCH-DHU-Black-Wh ... dZViewItem
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:28 pm

It's 20cl and £52 is around about the right price for it. I'm sure I saw one in Cadenheads at a similar price.

I had a 20cl bottle of it - I got it free from RMW when I bought a proper bottle. I drank it.
Deactivated Member

Postby martin grant » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Nick Brown wrote:It's 20cl and £52 is around about the right price for it. I'm sure I saw one in Cadenheads at a similar price.

I had a 20cl bottle of it - I got it free from RMW when I bought a proper bottle. I drank it.

Any good?
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Nick Brown wrote:It's 20cl and £52 is around about the right price for it. I'm sure I saw one in Cadenheads at a similar price.

Nick you were about right it went for £62 plus £9.99 postage.
les taylor

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder