Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

D and M's Single Malt Connoisseurs' Club

All your whisky related questions answered here.

D and M's Single Malt Connoisseurs' Club

Postby pkt77242 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:55 am

I was wondering if D and M's Single Malt Connoisseurs' Club was worth joining? This is the club that has a maximum cost of $75 (which incidently is about my budget a month). If you are a member, do you feel like the bottles are worth the money? Any info would be helpful. Thank you

Sean
pkt77242
Matured cask

Postby Wave » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:13 am

I've been a member of D&M's Aficionados' club for going on 4 years now. It was at $99.99 per bottle, now going up to $120 and even at that I think it's well worth it. I'll be getting a Tomintoul 25yo when I get back home from my trip next week. The Connoisseurs' club has always held my eye, they seem to have more cask strengths and Islays (including a Bowmore at the 1st of the year) than the Aficionados' club. A bottle I bought there a couple of years ago, a Bennrines 12yo Cadenhead had been a Connoisseurs selection. So the answer to your querry is yes IMO it's worth it!

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby mikeymad » Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:38 pm

I am with Wave.

I was a member of both clubs for about 5-6 years. Helped grow my collection a lot. I only stopped because I lost my source of funding (Job) for a while. Would highly recommend either club for getting unique beverages that have been very consistantly good.

I would join again, but with 220 bottles to finish, I would run out of years.

Cheers,
mikeymad
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Drrich1965 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:32 pm

Just had a sip of my D and M Affiiciandos's 31 Glencadam a sample I brought with me on vacation. It is sub par for the club, which means it is only very good and very enjoyable; others have been just outstanding.I had a long talk with the guy at D and M who picks things, and I really like what he had to say, so I would be very included to say that club would be a good deal, with good whisky.
Drrich1965
Gold Member

Postby WestVanDave » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:46 am

Hi Sean:

My only experience with the D & M CC has been the Imperial bottling (picked up last month on a trip to San Fran).

It was teriible :wink: - you won't like it :wink: - and just to make sure that this bottling won't de-rail anyone's taste buds I'm tempted to drive / fly or walk back and take every single one of their hands... :wink: :wink: :wink:

Truth is - I am very impressed - and they seem to have set this club up as a no risk proposition... GO FOR IT!!!
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder