Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Auchroisk 28 Year Old, Rare Malts

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Auchroisk 28 Year Old, Rare Malts

Postby kkitkat » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:14 pm

Hi all,

I could really use some advice. I'm looking for a present for my boyfriend. He really loves whisk(e)y so I thought of getting him a nice bottle of something. I've done some research (since I know nothing about whisk(e)y) and combining what I've learned, my price range and the LCBO selection I'm thinking of getting him Auchroisk 28 Year Old. Is it a nice one in your opinion?

Thanks a ton for any suggestions.
kkitkat

Postby vitara7 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:33 pm

welcome to the forum.

i think its an excellent choice, a great bottle for the drinker and the collector. well done :thumbsup:

wish i got good bottles like that given to me
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Re: Auchroisk 28 Year Old, Rare Malts

Postby Frodo » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:54 pm

kkitkat wrote:Hi all,

I could really use some advice...and combining what I've learned, my price range and the LCBO selection I'm thinking of getting him Auchroisk 28 Year Old. Is it a nice one in your opinion?

Thanks a ton for any suggestions.

Hi kkitkat:

If you can tell me what whiskies your boyfriend likes I might be able to recommend something else. The Auchroisk is not a bad value, but it's a pretty quiet pour (based on one sample I've had) if he's used to stuff with more...punch.
Frodo
Triple Gold Member

Re: Auchroisk 28 Year Old, Rare Malts

Postby kkitkat » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:18 pm

Frodo wrote:Hi kkitkat:

If you can tell me what whiskies your boyfriend likes I might be able to recommend something else. The Auchroisk is not a bad value, but it's a pretty quiet pour (based on one sample I've had) if he's used to stuff with more...punch.

Hi,

His favorites are Talisker and Macallan. I've bought the Auchroisk (his birthday is today :)), but I could definitely use some advice for next time :)

Thanks a lot!!!
kkitkat

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder