Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Tormore?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Tormore?

Postby RufusA » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:23 am

SWMBO has kindly texted me to say that our local Tesco have some Tormore on clearance priced at £9.99 at a bottle. No idea of age or packaging as she's not really in to that kind of thing.

I've replied that it would be rude not to, but what should I expect from such a "modern" distillery?

I'm guessing at that price it's probably going to be more of a Ledaig than an Ardbeg.... quality wise!

Rufus.
RufusA
Bronze Member

Postby BruceCrichton » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:42 am

It's probably 12 years old. Tormore is available from my local Morrisons but I've never seen it in Tesco
BruceCrichton
Double Gold Member

Postby Leither » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:03 pm

Typically honeyed Speysider for me - I think we discussed recently on the Supermarket deals thread and someone picked up a bottle.

At that price IWBveryRNT!
Leither
Gold Member

Postby RufusA » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:23 pm

Leither wrote:Typically honeyed Speysider for me

So long as it's honeyed and not caramelled with a slightly strange after-taste.

It's a shame in some respects that a lot of the smaller Speysiders taste like a "typically honeyed Speysider". Glenlivet obviously excepted!

Rufus.
RufusA
Bronze Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:43 pm

RufusA wrote:
Leither wrote:Typically honeyed Speysider for me

So long as it's honeyed and not caramelled with a slightly strange after-taste.

It's a shame in some respects that a lot of the smaller Speysiders taste like a "typically honeyed Speysider". Glenlivet obviously excepted!

Rufus.

No offence RufusA but that is like saying that it's a pity that alot of Islays are too heavily peated ....

This is a traith that goes back hundereds of years and basically was the style that made them popular in the first place, and considered a major selling point.... therefore it obvious that even new distilleries may pick up on that traith, whether by design or by area default.

Don't be too hard on me :angel:
irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder