Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Madrid

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Madrid

Postby Andreas79 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:33 pm

Hello!!
Going to Madrid soon, my question is there any good whisky shops there??

Andreas
Sweden[/list]
Andreas79

Postby vitara7 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:49 pm

welcome to the forums, i didnt find any shops myself in madrid that sold onl whisky. i did however come across a couple of spirits shops and small bodegas that had a small selection of malts, but nothing to spectacular im afraid, but then again i was only there for a weekend and didnt have much time to look around, i myself hope to go back and have a "proper" look.
let us know how you get on and if you have any "finds" :wink:
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby martin grant » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:56 pm

I'm sure you'll enjoy Madrid, Andreas - it's a beautiful city. Have never found myself a dedicated whisky shop, althouth the department store El Corte Ingles has a decent selection of malt.

If you are staying for a few days you really should visit the Hotel Emprador on Cala Gran. This is one of the main hotels in the city. On the top floor of the hotel they have a great swimming pool, complete with sun loungers so you can top up your tan and take in some great views. You don't need to be a guest to use the facilities.

Also good is the Las Bravas chain of tapas cafes. Great for a stopover. Patatas Bravas and Carne Bravas are both highly recommended.

Have a good trip
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:03 pm

el corte ingles is a great department store, not just for whisky, but for shopping in general. only thing though is they do tend to be a bit expensive for stuff though :x

they do have a cardhu 22yo in a wooden box thats quite nice though :wink:
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder