Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Laphroaig 10 yo

General chat and talk about whisky.

Laphroaig 10 yo

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:03 am

In the local LC today, I heard that the Laphroaig 10 yo is slated to be replaced with the Lappy QC once the old stocks run out! If this is the case, you might want to pick up a couple of the 10 yo on spec and look forward to availability of the Quarter Cask.
Can anyone confirm or refute this?

Oh, and there's no Springbank on the horizon as yet, so I'm missing a example for the Campbeltown region in "the lair". (...and no Glengyle in range as yet either)
Muskrat
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby orangedogofglory » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:18 am

thanks for posting this Muskrat - I was wondering the same thing today. any confirmation would be great, as I'd be tempted to pick up a few bottles.
orangedogofglory
Gold Member

Postby Drrich1965 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:55 am

It would be an interesting statagy, as the QC seems to sell for 20-30 percent more, depending upon the store.
Drrich1965
Gold Member

Postby Wendy » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:10 am

Hi Everyone: If you haven't seen it yet, Killerwhale started a thread in this section titled, "Laphroaig 10 & BC". A few people from Ontario (including me) jumped in and cross referenced the Laphroaig 10 scene in Ontario.

Cheers,
Wendy
Wendy
Gold Member

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:18 am

must be a Canada thing?

The GBP pound is strong at the moment, so if Laphroaig cant increase the price of the standard 10yo, it might be moving into the QC so itcan keep its income up?
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:36 pm

Specifically an Ontario thing, LCBO policy. All others need not get bothered, I think.
Deactivated Member

Oh, Ignore Bruce...

Postby Muskrat Portage » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:08 am

Wendy: Thanks for the cross reference to KW's posting. I've been really out of the loop with the renos and hadn't even been into the local LCBO to talk to my chum. (This was the first chance we'd had to talk whisky since the Islays on the Island tasting we had.)

I'll be happy to see the QC but suspect the pricepoint will go up from that we enjoy with the 10 yo. Maybe I should pick up another one for posterity?

Muskrat
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder