Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Discerning between different batches of Rosebank F&F

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Discerning between different batches of Rosebank F&F

Postby Ivar » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:45 pm

The last bottling of Rosebank FF 12 yo OB from Diageo must obviously be older than the former bottlings - maybe as much as approching a difference of two years in cask. Has anyone investigated into the differences between bottlings of Rosebank, as to be able to descern between the last and former bottlings, e.g. different LOT-numbers (or whatever it is called, the small print on the neck or elsewhere, with a combination og letters and numbers)?
Ivar

Re: Discerning between different batches of Rosebank F&F

Postby corbuso » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:08 pm

Ivar wrote:The last bottling of Rosebank FF 12 yo OB from Diageo must obviously be older than the former bottlings - maybe as much as approching a difference of two years in cask. Has anyone investigated into the differences between bottlings of Rosebank, as to be able to descern between the last and former bottlings, e.g. different LOT-numbers (or whatever it is called, the small print on the neck or elsewhere, with a combination og letters and numbers)?

Yes, you should be able to see the year of bottling on the bottom of the bottle. In many bottles, the year of bottling are the two first digits.
There might be differences between the batches, but since I haven't tasted the Rosebank F&F since last Christmas, I can't help you.
BR

Corbuso
http://www.whisky-news.com
corbuso
Gold Member

Postby peteys » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Hi
I have two bottles of the F&F
One has clearly the numbers 03 in the bottom. The other has no two digit numbers, but a five digit code. (hard to read)

Would that make it older or younger than the other?

Peter
peteys

Postby Di Blasi » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:27 pm

I should check my bottling, cause the shop I bought it in in London mid-October of 2006 told me that was it, no more to come. Then shortly after more were released so I assume the shop had it for awhile and perhaps mine are older, but it's confusing as the newer bottling was released about that time I think. Anyone else have any info, or stories as to when they purchased theirs and the info regarding it, or bottle info? I'll have to check mine for a code too.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder