Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

new black bowmore

General chat and talk about whisky.

new black bowmore

Postby vitara7 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:27 pm

theres going to be a new bowmore in october, i think someone has posted previosuly that a new bowmore will be out, but i have more info and not sure if it the same one.

vintage 1964 42yo BLACK BOWMORE - £1800 :shock: :shock:
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:11 pm

Wow, that's expensive! Still, it's cheaper than the Ardbeg 1965.....
But it makes the Glenfarclas 1954 look like a bargain at £ 530,- (in Norway) .

I don't know but if I had that sort of money to spend on whisky, then why not - the Black Bowmore is legendary isn't it?
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:18 pm

it is, but im too tight to spend that kind of money on whisky.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby LeoDLion » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:13 pm

For 1800 pounds or $3600, I can buy plenty of very good smw, two of each, one to imbibe now and the other goes to the collection cabinet for later use. :lol:
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:11 pm

Mr Fjeld wrote:I don't know but if I had that sort of money to spend on whisky, then why not - the Black Bowmore is legendary isn't it?

Maybe, but just because they call it that doesn't mean it will be the same.
Deactivated Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:31 pm

MrTattieHeid wrote:
Mr Fjeld wrote:I don't know but if I had that sort of money to spend on whisky, then why not - the Black Bowmore is legendary isn't it?

Maybe, but just because they call it that doesn't mean it will be the same.

True! For Bowmore's sake let's hope it lives up to the legend. Too expensive for me to find out anyway.
Mr Fjeld

Postby Aidan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:09 am

I'd love to buy this, but I think spending this much on a bottle of whisky is probably immoral.
Aidan

Postby Jan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:46 am

Aidan wrote:I'd love to buy this, but I think spending this much on a bottle of whisky is probably immoral.

Nope.

But spending that amount of money and then not sharing the bottle with your pals at the Whiskymag forum certainly is!
:D
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Ize » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:24 am

If I just could afford to buy it, I would buy it. *sigh*

Maybe I win in Lotto next weekend ...
Ize
Silver Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:10 am

Even if it was the greatest whisky on earth I would not pay that sort of money for a whiskey ...... :?

It works out at nearly 135Euro a shot :shock: I've not opened more than a handfull of bottles more expensive than that.
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby Leither » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:53 pm

Interesting - well outwith my budget but according to TWE:

You'll like this...

NEW BLACK BOWMORE TO BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In October, a new Bowmore Black will be released, the "2nd Edition" (?? I thought there'd been three already, but it's not my party). The whisky is from the same 1964 vintage, and from the same batch of oloroso sherry casks as the original releases, but now older. At 42+ years, it will be interesting to see what this legendary malt will be like in comparison to the earlier versions. Hope it's still got legs - if the quality is anything like the previous versions, this will be the whisky event of the year.

The last 1964 oloroso sherry cask was released as part of the Trilogy Series back in 2000. The retail price of this new BB will be around £1800.00 inc-vat. We are accepting reserve orders now, but obviously we can only confirm your order once we have the stock, so we will allocate on a 'first come, least likely to be crying into their cornflakes' basis. You can e-mail your order on sales@thewhiskyexchange.com - Good Luck!
Leither
Gold Member

Re:

Postby cathach » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:57 pm

irishwhiskeychaser wrote:

It works out at nearly 135Euro a shot :shock: I've not opened more than a handfull of bottles more expensive than that.

Say it ain't so IWC! In all fairness anyone who lays out 1800STG for a bottle of cratur is a bit of a merchant banker.

For that money we're talking 5 or 6 cases of really excellent single malt or pure pot still. Imagine the discount you'd get buying in bulk like that???
cathach
Silver Member

Re: new black bowmore

Postby orangedogofglory » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Understanding that this is a two year old thread, I'd weigh in my one-liner philosophy.

People don't buy a bottle like that because they should, they buy a bottle like that because they can.

:iwbrnt:
orangedogofglory
Gold Member

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder