Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

MAILING WHISKY WITHIN THE UK

All your whisky related questions answered here.

MAILING WHISKY WITHIN THE UK

Postby Deactivated Member » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:50 pm

I'm really frustrated! My drinks cabinet is heaving with unopened bottles of single malt (Port Ellen, old Talisker, 1st edition CS Hazelburn etc). I'd like to sell a few off, but dispatching them to customers is the problem area.

There must be hauliers who take bottles of alcohol. But who are they and what do they cost ?

Anyone any suggestions please ?
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:54 pm

i buy, sell and swap bottles on a regular basis, and have no problems sending worldwide or within the uk.

just wrap it up and box it good, and send special delivery within the uk, dont mention the word whisky on the box or the customs decleration if sending overseas though.

if you have a list of what you have and an idea of prices your looking for for them, send me a list, there may be somthing im interested in, or, if theres anything your looking for le tme know and maybe a wee swapsie could be on the cards...
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:34 am

Many thanks for the advice. I'll now have to get one of my daughter's girlfriends to 'show me the ropes' on selling on E-Bay. I know of all the caveats/disclaimers etc re whisky. What I need is detail on uploading digital photos, Paypal etc.
Deactivated Member

Postby vitara7 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:58 am

the uploading is easy, when listign your item on ebay, you can simply click browse then the files path and it does it itself.

paypal takes 5 - 10min to set up, but youll need to verify it quickly as they put limits on paypal accounts until they are verified. and then they do a second level of verification if you recive over £4500 in payments over the time of having the account.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Vitara

Thanks for the further advance.

I was thinking of using DHL for p&p. Prima facie, they're not cheap, but there are bonuses. Firstly, the box, bubble wrap, etc is included in the price. Secondly, there's an agency in the Staples store just up the road. So, I wouldn't need to go up to the City Centre and stand in a Post Office queue for 30 minutes.
Deactivated Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder