Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Laphroaig 25

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Laphroaig 25 Years Old

Laphroaig 25

Postby Mr Fjeld » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:46 pm

The new Laphroaig 25 is now for sale through Royal Mile Whiskies! Looks very interesting and the price looks right too! Have anyone tasted it yet?

http://www.royalmilewhiskies.com/produc ... 81&lkid=31
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Jan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:53 pm

Christian, while I'll agree it is interesting, I'm not sure I follow you on the "the price is right" part?

(Personally I find it a bit high to be honest. )
Jan
Gold Member

Postby Mr Fjeld » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:05 pm

Jan wrote:Christian, while I'll agree it is interesting, I'm not sure I follow you on the "the price is right" part?

(Personally I find it a bit high to be honest. )

Uhm yes, you have a point. I was thinking from my relative viewpoint of being in a country where most whiskies cost £ 40-50,- and upwards, and then it wouldn't be such a bad price to be honest. For those living in markets where a typical standard whisky can be bought for £ 20,- at a supermarket then the price of the Laphroaig 25 may seem to be on the high side. Everything is a little upside down in Norway because of our wine monopoly system; thus cheap is expensive and expensive is relatively cheap......
:?
Mr Fjeld
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Jan » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:16 pm

Yeah, I hear you. While I think prices are a bit lower down here, they are still quite high compared to uk prices and the expensive bottles would be heavily marked up. The 25yo will probably retail at dkk 2000 or more. The 30yo is now dkk 3750 :o
Jan
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Laphroaig 25 Years Old

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder