Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Bladnoch Flora and Fauna 10 Yr Old

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Bladnoch 10 Years Old

Bladnoch Flora and Fauna 10 Yr Old

Postby IainB » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:29 am

My local Oddbins has a few bottles of this in stock. I believe this is the last release, as the distillery changed hands a few years ago now. Has anyone tried it recently and do you think it's worth buying, either to drink or keep?
IainB
Gold Member

Re: Bladnoch Flora and Fauna 10 Yr Old

Postby martin grant » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:40 am

Haven't tried it myself Iain, but have had a search on the web for it. Seems to be quite widely available and with a price ranging from £35 to £45.

I reckon I might pick up a bottle myself, just to try it out.

Thanks for the tip
martin grant
Gold Member

Postby IainB » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:50 am

I think it was about €50 which would, i suppose be the equivalent of around £37 - £38?? And I usually find single malts are a little more expensive here than in the UK and elsewhere.
IainB
Gold Member

Postby Lawrence » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:59 pm

IainB wrote:My local Oddbins has a few bottles of this in stock. I believe this is the last release, as the distillery changed hands a few years ago now. Has anyone tried it recently and do you think it's worth buying, either to drink or keep?

Jim Murray rates it very highly and I would think that since the distillery is under new ownership that the F&F range will only increase in value. Collectors are always asking about these bottlings here on the forum.

Go for it I say.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby IainB » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:06 pm

Can't do any harm to but a couple I suppose. What's the worst that can happen? I'd have to drink them? No so bad then.
IainB
Gold Member

Postby Scotchio » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:36 pm

I happened to have a dram of this earlier, it's a very good whisky and as others have mentioned from a collecting point of view it will increase in value once it disappears from the shelves.
Scotchio
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:04 am

Yes, I went through a bottle a few summers back, excellent! I remember mandarins and a nice light spiciness and great maltiness too, loved it! I'd get a few bottles, at least, since they are the last, worth drinking and holding on to for the future.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby IainB » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:36 pm

Di Blasi wrote:Yes, I went through a bottle a few summers back, excellent! I remember mandarins and a nice light spiciness and great maltiness too, loved it! I'd get a few bottles, at least, since they are the last, worth drinking and holding on to for the future.

Yes got 2 in the end - one to drink one to keep. I have another Bladnoch 10yo at home with a picture of a distillery, or at least the pagoda roof, on the front. Does anyone know if these were released by Diageo or the new owner?
IainB
Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:25 pm

Good going IainB! Enjoy it, let us know what you think.
I too had a pagoda-roofed, green background labelled 15y cask strength, excellent, with the black-faced sheep I believe it was, and wonder too who released it, anyone out there know???
Di Blasi

Postby IainB » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:06 am

Di Blasi wrote:Good going IainB! Enjoy it, let us know what you think.
I too had a pagoda-roofed, green background labelled 15y cask strength, excellent, with the black-faced sheep I believe it was, and wonder too who released it, anyone out there know???

That's the label, it was almost the same for the 10 and the 15. Would be interesting to find out who bottled it.
IainB
Gold Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:21 pm

The green label with the Distillery or sheep is the new owners release.

I think there are 3 different labels for the 15yo

And the sheep is cask stength at circa 55%.

Distillery pic I think is the 46%

and a 40% version (not sure of the pic details)

Actually owned by a guy from the North of Ireland called Raymond Armstrong and a really nice guy to booth.

Their production is very limited so you'll not see it every where ... and yes a good whisky. Not boring or bland either as often people reckon lowlanders are

Well worth a go .... he came out with a cognac finish which I though was great but unfortunately I never got a full bottle when I had a chance (And I'm not overly into finished whisky but I have a feeling this was the real deal as a full cognac aged barrel but not sure as I've forgotten).
irishwhiskeychaser

Postby IainB » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:06 pm

I knew it had been bought by the NI guy alright. Believe his original intention was to build a holiday home.
IainB
Gold Member

Postby hpulley » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:42 pm

Those bottlings are Raymonds but to be clear, they are old casks not his new make. I don't believe any of his new output has been released for official sale yet but I could be wrong. I'm sure some has been sampled at the distillery (But not by me, unfortunately, still need to make the trip, so far south though!).

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Related whiskies : Bladnoch 10 Years Old

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder