Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Suntory Hibiki 30 year

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Hibiki 30 Years Old , Hibiki Suntory

Suntory Hibiki 30 year

Postby Jdiddy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:16 am

Anyone know where to find this in the US? I really want a bottle and have no idea how to get one. Anyone know the price of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jdiddy

Re: Suntory Hibiki 30 year

Postby LeoDLion » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:22 pm

Sorry I dont know where in the US you can buy Hibiki. I purchase my Hibiki from the duty free shop in Tokyo and Osaka on two different trips. This is the 18 year old ones. I did not see (or maybe not remember) any 30 year old in the shop. It was very tasty, a little sweet for me, almost like a lowland type malt.
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Postby Wave » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:44 pm

The only Japanese whiskies I've seen here in states is the Suntory Yamazaki 12 & 18 Year olds, unfortunately we just don't get any others than that. I've looked around some the UK shops and the closest is a Suntory Hibiki 17yo at The Whisky Exchange, so my guess is for the 30yo would be in Japan and my guess is that it wouldn't be cheap either. I ran into a Suntory 25yo single cask in Kyoto in June that had an asking price of 100,000 yen ($871.00)!

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Postby LeoDLion » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:42 pm

My wife is vacationing and will pass by Tokyo in two weeks. I asked her to look around the duty free shops for a Suntory Hibiki and buy an 18 year old. The 25 and 30 year old is out of my budget for the moment.

I will ask her to scout some other Japanese made single malts. I remember that there was a brisk business in the duty free liquor store at the airport back them with everybody buying stuff not only whisky.
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Hibiki 30 Years Old , Hibiki Suntory

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder