Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Macallan 25 Anniversary Edition

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Macallan 25 Anniversary Edition

Postby K-Mile » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:41 pm

I just saw a bottle of the Mac 25 Anniversary Edition for just 319 euro's, which is 453 USD, 440 CAD, or 222 GBP. It was priced the same as the 25 Fine Oak.

This seems like a very reasonable price to me, so I am inclined to get it, but I just wanted to check to make sure how this compares price-wise and dram-wise to other countries or the regular Mac 25 sherry matured.

Any thoughts?
K-Mile
Gold Member

Re: Macallan 25 Anniversary Edition

Postby Sherried Malt » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:02 pm

K-Mile, it sounds on the expensive side. It's fairly available in the US for 350-375 USD. If it's an older bottle with the distillation date on the lower left corner of the front label, there may be some collectability premium to it but if you're just going to drink it...

Good luck with your choice! :)
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Re: Macallan 25 Anniversary Edition

Postby K-Mile » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:23 pm

Sherried Malt wrote:K-Mile, it sounds on the expensive side. It's fairly available in the US for 350-375 USD. If it's an older bottle with the distillation date on the lower left corner of the front label, there may be some collectability premium to it but if you're just going to drink it...

Good luck with your choice! :)

Thanks. It seems that I'd better check out some more shops. It appeared cheaper than what I've seen so far, but that were probably all older vintages. I will have another look and see if it's a specific vintage, or a more recent bottling.
K-Mile
Gold Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder