Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Rosebank 25 OB

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Rosebank

Rosebank 25 OB

Postby kildalton » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:16 pm

Hey...Someone laready tasted this?
I'm very curious and strongly lured to buy... :P
kildalton
Silver Member

Re: Rosebank 25 OB

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:00 am

It was supposed to come to Norway, I would have bought it if so, but because the alcohol content is greater than 60%, the government considers it "narcotica" and thus won't make it over. Too bad for us! But I too wonder how it is, anyone????
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby kildalton » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:41 am

Just excuse my ignorance but Can you buy it from abroad or they also check packages?
I mean a bottle travels in a secure very tight pack, so unless the custom opens it(and it would sound quite disturbing to me)you might get it.
Here noone checks about the inside of packagings :mrgreen:
kildalton
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:07 am

I've tested the system here once kildalton and yes, the do check! And the taxes on it are ridiculous if they do let it in! I'll just have to be patient and see if I can get it another way, or choose another bottle. I could order it and send it to my family in Bologna, I've done that a few times, works fantastic! We'll just have to see.
Di Blasi

Postby kildalton » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:37 pm

I've tested the system here once kildalton and yes, the do check

:evil: :twisted: :shock: :dead:

Oh...Well better the bologna's way then(and when you go there jump to Kik bar the whisly house in Via.S.donato it's really a good place :D )
kildalton
Silver Member

Postby mattbuty » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:41 pm

I am really keen to get the lowdown on this one also, seems strange (but interesting)... :coffee: ...to me, because I thought lowlanders were better drunk young
mattbuty
Bronze Member

Postby K-Mile » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:25 pm

I have recently got a bottle of the 20yo. Have not opened it yet, but the shopkeeper assured me it's one fine dram. How expensive is the 25yo? I paid 115 EUR for the 20...

It's also 62.3%, so that's also a no-go for Norway then...
K-Mile
Gold Member

Postby pavv » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:32 pm

kildalton wrote:Hey...Someone laready tasted this?
I'm very curious and strongly lured to buy... :P

Back to the original question :)

I've tasted the Rosebank 25 about a week ago and I was quite impressed. The nose is great, bold and more highlandstyle than lowlandstyle. The body is a little agressive but more easygoing when a little water is added. The finish is long-lasting and reveals some peat smoke which i find very nice.
In my opinion it really needs some water to be fully enjoyable.

Nice stuff, but everybody has to decide whether the circa £ 130 is a correct pricetag for this whisky.
pavv

Postby kildalton » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:10 am

Thanks for the infos :thumbsup:
About the price well...Nowadays all high end bottles seems to cost so I'm ready for a sacrifice :D .
I tried the rosebank 18 CS from cadenhead's and they asked about 110 euros for it so the price for an OB at 25 Y.o it's not so terrifying :lol:

Anyway I'd awaits some more reviews before buying :mrgreen:
kildalton
Silver Member

Postby Di Blasi » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:40 pm

kildalton wrote:I've tested the system here once kildalton and yes, the do check

:evil: :twisted: :shock: :dead:

Oh...Well better the bologna's way then(and when you go there jump to Kik bar the whisly house in Via.S.donato it's really a good place :D )

Yes, of course, KIK BAR! I was there for a few visits and bought a bottle back in June '05. I also had one of my cousins bring me a few bottles from there when she visited a few years back. Sadly, but of course, this August ("chiuso per ferie!") when I was there they were closed. Any time I'm in Bologna it's on my list of places to visit and enjoy! :thumbsup:
Di Blasi

Related whiskies : Rosebank

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder