Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Auchentoshan 10

General chat and talk about whisky.
Related whiskies : Auchentoshan 10 Years Old

Auchentoshan 10

Postby Elagabalus » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:52 am

What do you think of this SMS?
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Re: Auchentoshan 10

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:08 pm

It's really not bad, but not as good as the Rosebank F&F.
Deactivated Member

Postby Gov » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:16 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I found this whisky at a store near me for $18.99. Is it worth getting for this price? Or should I put that towards a better whisky?
Gov
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Gov wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I found this whisky at a store near me for $18.99. Is it worth getting for this price? Or should I put that towards a better whisky?

I'd buy 2. Maybe 3.
Deactivated Member

Postby TheTross » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:51 pm

I tried it a couple of years ago and didn't really think much of it at the time - I can remember it being very drinkable but just not 'exciting' because of how light it was. Having said that I was very, very new to whisky back then, so perhaps I'd appreciate it a lot more now for what it is. Anyway, for $18.99 (about £10?), I'd definitely pick one up to try it - I know I would at that price just to give it another go :D
TheTross
Gold Member

Postby Willie JJ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:29 pm

I'd buy 2 maybe 3 CASES at that price! This is a perfectly nice lowland dram and great everyday drinking. It won't be the best thing you will drink, but it certainly will be far from the worst. If in doubt buy one, try it and then go back for more. $19? C'mon, you've got to try it.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby TreacleSponge » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:21 pm

lawschooldrunk wrote:how can you go wrong? it's a very light, fruity lowland. a pleasant drink to have as a pre-dinner dram. definitely not a heavy weight. very enjoyable. slightly less "bite" than the "select." if you're looking for more flavour, check out the "three wood" edition.

Gov, this is a very fair description. It's light and easy and I think of it as a summer dram. Not a patch on Bladnoch if you're after a Lowland, but then it's only $18.99, so worth getting if only to see if it's to your taste.
TreacleSponge
Gold Member

Postby whiskeybro-mark » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:20 am

The 10 year is still selling for $39.99 here in California. I'm very curious as to why the price is so low there.

I get periodic deals from a local store that is rotating stock, but never that good of a deal. There's another store nearby that still sells Forty Creek Three Grain even though it's been discontinued for the last 3 years.

I might be tempted to get two at that price.
whiskeybro-mark

Postby Gov » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:30 am

Thanks gents! I think I will pick one up at this price. It is a very good price because I have seen it higher at other places by me. This is a large food store, so, I don't know, maybe it is mis-priced? I'll take it though!!
Gov
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Auchentoshan 10 Years Old

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder