Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Clynelish Canada

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Clynelish

Clynelish Canada

Postby Elagabalus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:21 am

Clynelish isn't available at the LCBO :(

How could I acquire a bottle? Any ideas other than venturing out of the country or to another province?
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Re: Clynelish Canada

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:03 am

I don't think Oban and Clynelish are at all alike. I'm happy to take your word for it that you find it so, but I don't think many would find it such a good match.
Deactivated Member

Postby Jobi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:40 pm

lawschooldrunk wrote:my fellow forumers may say I'm wrong but I opened a bottle of clynelish 14 this past friday and for the first time in my life, tasted this dram. tastes very similar to oban. so, go out and get an oban, blind fold yourself, and enjoy your clynelish!

For me, Oban has a very pronounced ripe fruit quality that separates it from Clynelish.
Jobi
Gold Member

Postby Elagabalus » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:39 am

I want to try some Clynelish!!!! I wonder if the bar The Feathers in Toronto has it????
Elagabalus
Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:09 am

Nine different bottles, according to:

http://home.primus.ca/~eastleaf/malts2.html
Deactivated Member

Postby Canada Jan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:07 pm

Elagabalus wrote:Clynelish isn't available at the LCBO :(

How could I acquire a bottle? Any ideas other than venturing out of the country or to another province?

I can order some Clynelish for you if you're able to order by the case (6 bottles). Failing that I'll try to get some into the LCBO for early next year. You can see other products on our website.
Canada Jan

Postby Lawrence » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:52 pm

They have some of the 14 in BC.........
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby WestVanDave » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 am

Lawrence wrote:

They have some of the 14 in BC.........

If you're very desperate - I'm Toronto-bound next week and could add a Clynelish to my "Muling Mission"...
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Postby killerwhale » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:04 am

just had a tasting at work and it's a very good malt.... Talisker-ish but without the distinctive peat/smoke that Talisker provides.... this is a good whisky and I would say if you like Talisker, get a bottle and enjoy.... it's not as big but it is very nice.
killerwhale
Gold Member

Postby jimidrammer » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:33 pm

The Clynelish 14yo was one of my first Single Malts since it is easily available here. While I can see some similarities to Oban and Talisker, only in the fact that those two are unique to themselves. Clynelish is hard to fit in a pocket, so to speak. It has elements of all of Scotland, IMHO. Some fruity Speyside notes, some Coastal Highland salt and minerals, some subtle Islay peat with a hint of smoke and some grassy Lowland tartness. It can also be moody in that sometimes I love it and some days it's not what I want. Definitely worth a try, which reminds me I haven't had that one open for awhile. Working on a Signatory 1993 Clynelish now that is different but still recognizable.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Clynelish

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder