Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Pennsylvania out of state liquor purchase?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Pennsylvania out of state liquor purchase?

Postby skywalker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:06 am

Does anybody here know if it is allowed to bring back an out of state liquor purchase back to Pennsylvania??

State Liquor control board is really a pain in the a... of whiskyconnoisseurs.

Greetings

T.S.
skywalker

Re: Pennsylvania out of state liquor purchase?

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:25 am

Avoid the border crossing from New York, at Lawrenceville on route 15--the PA Customs & Immigration agents there are ogres.

Okay, I'm being silly, but I don't quite understand the question. Are you flying into a major airport from overseas? If so, I expect you will be confronted by US Customs, and not any state officials. I won't swear to it, because I know some states can be really bizarre about these things, but I can't imagine you would have a problem beyond the ususal.
Deactivated Member

Postby oldrip57 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:50 am

lawschooldrunk wrote:if you are driving from one state to another, no one will stop you (all things considered)

You haven't been following the news from Tennessee, have you, regarding liquor and cigarettes?
And, I have an acquaintance who's daughter's wedding champagne fell victim to Pennsylvania troopers while returning from Delaware after purchase.
It happens.
oldrip57
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:28 pm

There are the occasional traps, as buying bulk quantities of liquor in another state can be seen as tax evasion. Massachusetts at one time set up lookouts at major New Hampshire liquor stores and busted people when they crossed the border, but I was under the impression that the practice had been banned. In any case, I think it pertinent again to ask just what skywalker is proposing.
Deactivated Member

Postby skywalker » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:04 am

Thx for the responses.

Looks like best advice is to keep the purchase in the trunk:-)))
skywalker

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder