Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Canadian Club 12 year old or Canadian Club Sherry Cask?

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.

Canadian Club 12 year old or Canadian Club Sherry Cask?

Postby velocci » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:09 am

hi there, to those who have tried both, which of these two are smoother and taste better, Canadian Club 12 year old or Canadian Club Sherry Cask?
velocci

Re: Canadian Club 12 year old or Canadian Club Sherry Cask?

Postby hilliamash » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:30 am

In my mind, neither of these are the best CC has to offer--their 10 year old Reserve gets the more universal accolades...still can taste rye, still a good whisky.

The 12 year old is quite sweet to me, but I must admit that I have a 375mL bottle and from time to time...it manages to pass across my lips quite nicely.

The Sherry Cask is heavenly if you like sherry...but you really have to like sherry. The sherry cask is not subtle like you can see in scotch, but packs quite a wallop of flavour. I happen to enjoy it, but you definitely need to know what you are getting.

If price is not a concern and you want Canadian, the CR SR is one of the finest there. If price is a concern, then skirt to Canada and pick up the Alberta Premium. These two are truly outstanding.
hilliamash
Bronze Member

Postby killerwhale » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:06 am

the sherry cask is heavily sherried.... will need water with that whisky if you intend to drink more than one dram IMO.... try both and then go from there.
killerwhale
Gold Member

Postby Bruichladdict » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:10 pm

Canadian Club Sherry Cask

See Dave Broom's comments:

"...this is confected rubbish."
Bruichladdict
Bronze Member

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder