Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glen Morven - has anyone heard of this???

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Glen Morven - has anyone heard of this???

Postby WestVanDave » Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:04 am

A group of us held a "blind" tasting night last spring and a surprise entry has eluded us since. One couple brought along a bottle they had purchased at Heathrow Airport several years ago - and if our fuzzy memories serve us correctly the name was Glen Morven. All searches has left us stumped - it doesn't seem to exist. Anyone out there aware of this Scotch - or any other suggestions to put us out of our misery!!!??? Thanks, Dave.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Postby lexkraai » Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:40 am

Hi Dave

I've had a taste from that Glen Morven at Heathrow Airport a few years ago. It almost surely is from Glen Moray distillery, but keep in mind it's often hard to be 100% certain what's behind fantasy labels.

Cheers, Lex
lexkraai
Silver Member

Postby jonno » Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:44 pm

I heard Glen Morven was an 'own label' for the english duty free shops. There were three one from highlands, islay and speyside. They were single malts and allegedly Glenmorangie, Glen Moray and Bowmore....

Useless information I know!
jonno

Postby SteveP » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:31 pm

oke it is now 2006...this topic is from 2003....but the Glen Morven is at this time availabel in the netherlends at the Gall & Gall store...so if you are stil interested.... :roll:
SteveP

Postby PeatPirate » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:52 am

Hey Dave,

I don't know if it's this bottle you are talking about?

This is the private label of a Dutch retailer called Gall & Gall. It's a serie of 4 different malts all called Glen Morven. Highland, Speyside, Lowlands and Islay are the 4 different bottlings they sell.

Greetz, PP
PeatPirate

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder