Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Win a £2000 exclusive bottle of single Malt Whisky

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Win a £2000 exclusive bottle of single Malt Whisky

Postby comper2008 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Bowmore are offering a unique opportunity to own a piece of distilling history by launching a free prize draw to win one of these exclusive bottles. Entries are only open to those of legal drinking age in their respective countries and participants can enter online at http://www.bowmore.co.uk/Register/Page2.aspx.

:D
comper2008

Re: Win a £2000 exclusive bottle of single Malt Whisky

Postby Reggaeblues » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Thanks for posting this. I notice it's your first post, which naturally leads me to welcome you, Comper2008, to this fun(usually!)forum.

Since it is your first, and given the nature of your post, I do wonder if you have some "official" connection to Bowmore!

Either way, the first thing that struck me when I followed the link was the stunning colour of this "new" Black Bowmore. the second was how nice the bottle looks...especially compared to the "new" Bowmore range!. It actually looks like...a bottle of whisky! Much as I am a fan of the contents in all cases, I'm not a fan of the fancy new bottle shapes recently adopted by Bowmore, Macallan and Glenmorangie as part of their "repackaging."

The Bowmore one is too angular to my eyes, the Macallan one looks like it's about to fall over, and the Glenmo is just too...fancy!

I hope my observations do not imperil my chances of winning this beauty!!
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby woodhill » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 pm

Reggaeblues wrote:Thanks for posting this. I notice it's your first post, which naturally leads me to welcome you, Comper2008, to this fun(usually!)forum.

Since it is your first, and given the nature of your post, I do wonder if you have some "official" connection to Bowmore!

Either way, the first thing that struck me when I followed the link was the stunning colour of this "new" Black Bowmore. the second was how nice the bottle looks...especially compared to the "new" Bowmore range!. It actually looks like...a bottle of whisky! Much as I am a fan of the contents in all cases, I'm not a fan of the fancy new bottle shapes recently adopted by Bowmore, Macallan and Glenmorangie as part of their "repackaging."

The Bowmore one is too angular to my eyes, the Macallan one looks like it's about to fall over, and the Glenmo is just too...fancy!

I hope my observations do not imperil my chances of winning this beauty!!

Comper2008?

short for competition 2008 perhaps?

welcome anyway
woodhill
Gold Member

Postby vitara7 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:46 pm

id say its someone with an offical connection to the bowmore group. its a good comp, but if you look at it from a marketing pov, then there only spending 2grand on getting loads of folks contact details as you have to give nothing short of your passport number to enter.

ive entered myself as im a sucker for that sort of stuff, but this isnt the first time this has been posted, i think it was whiskybrat who first told us of this comp.
vitara7
Double Gold Member

Postby Willie JJ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:19 pm

Anyway we were way ahead of you comper2008. WhiskyBrat started the 'Win a £2000 Black Bowmore' thread back in 2007. :)
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby LeoDLion » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:29 pm

I like the new bottle designs and in fact, I would buy a bottle of scotch just because I like the shape of the bottle. Some examples are Matisse, Laphroaig Signatory release, japanese whiskies, etc.
LeoDLion
Gold Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder