Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Executive Fantasia 165 month Sealed Beam 71 Whiskey Value?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Executive Fantasia 165 month Sealed Beam 71 Whiskey Value?

Postby beamer » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:32 pm

I have a sealed unopened genuine Regal China decanter of 1971 Executive Fantasia Jim Beam Whiskey Aged 165 Months in Custom made Box! My parents received as a gift in 1971.

I was wondering if someone knew or could estimate the value of this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Below is a more detailed description and I have attached pictures-- click on them to get a better view!

Grey with gold vine type design including handle with pink flowers on front, with federal bottle stamp, marked on bottom "© Creation of James B. Beam Distilling Co. KY-DRB-230 Genuine Regal China 1971 C. Miller Regal China Corporation 145 Liquor Bottle DHN", label marked Beam 165 Months Old 86 proof 4/5 quart, second label marked Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 165 Months Old Bottled by James B. Beam Distilling Co., Clermont, Beam, Kentucky, 86 Proof 4/5 quart.
beam3.jpg
Beam4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beamer

Re: Executive Fantasia 165 month Sealed Beam 71 Whiskey Value?

Postby Laphroaig » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:49 pm

I'm sure it's worth something.

Personally, to me, whiskey is only worth what I taste in the bottle. While I have bottles that some might be consider 'appraisal' worthy (perhaps some even at a future day / time), I'm not one to value things on 'appearance'.

You might check some of the sites that have these sorts of decanters to get some idea.

Do you know, does the top have cork on the inside?
Laphroaig
Bronze Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder