Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Single cask pure pot still Irish whiskey

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Single cask pure pot still Irish whiskey

Postby Gate » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:50 pm

Does anyone sell single cask pure pot still Irish whiskey? I had some Green Spot on St Patrick's Day, and got to thinking how good that would be if it were, say, 10 years old from a single cask at cask strength, unchillfiltered. I think Cadenheads may once have done a cask strength Irish pot still, but it's bound to be in the realms of collectors' fantasy prices by now if there's any left. Is there any single cask Redbreast, Green Spot or similar to be had? And if not, any chance of persuading those nice people at Midleton that it would be a cracking sales ploy to market some?
Gate
Silver Member

Postby hpulley » Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:08 pm

I'd buy some! I love Pure Pot Still Irish Whiskey but would really enjoy something with ABV above 40%, unchillfiltered and uncoloured. Single cask would be a bonus. Cask strength would be great but I'd take 46%.

Harry
hpulley
Triple Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:41 am

There is a new distillery opening up near Kilbeggan that will be producing single cask Irish pure potstill, as well as single malt. The pure potstill will include oats in the mash, just like Midleton 25 and the old Tullamore Dew, and be triple distilled. I think the website is www.coolamills.com.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Aidan » Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:43 am

...I think they are offering single cask whiskey etc
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby blackkeno » Mon May 05, 2003 12:35 am

Cask Strength, unchillfiltered, single barrel, pure pot still Irish Whiskey... has a nice ring to it! I hope the people at Midleton give it some thought. Their sister distillery (Bushmills) has released single cask, cask strength malts, so perhaps the thought will spread. On the other hand, it is possible that the nature of pure pot still Irish doesn't work well at cask strength or without some mingling with other casks?

I would strongly recommend the soon to be gone Jameson 15 Pure Pot still even at 40%,
blackkeno
Bronze Member

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder