Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Publication dates

This is the Whisky Magazine forum. Please post your comments or queries about our magazine.
Read online - Subscribe - Back Issues

Publication dates

Postby yorkie » Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:16 pm

The web site is still pushing issue 32's publication date when issue 33 has long since been published. If you can't be bothered updating the web page on a regular basis why not just publish the dates for the next year in advance?

I have long since given up on the subscription route and buy my copy at the newsagents...would be nice to know when to call in to buy it
yorkie

Postby Lawrence » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:57 pm

Hi Yorkie, I posted a statement similar to yours a while ago and was told by the staff that there is nobody working on the website full time therefore most of the their efforts go into the magazine (and it shows, it's excellent. However your idea of publishing dates posted a year in advance is a good idea.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sat Aug 09, 2003 8:09 am

I think it also has partly to do with a thread a while ago where I stated I found it very weird that my issues of WM arrived about 3 weeks after the content of the magazine was already on the website.

Which IS ofcourse a bit unapropiate towards those who pay for the magazine itself.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby shane » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:01 am

I'm still waiting for my issue 32.
shane

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:34 pm

Ouch, I got my 33 issue about a week ago. I'm in Holland btw.
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby Lawrence » Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:24 pm

Issue 32 arrived a week or two ago here on the Canadian West Coast, issue 33 has not arrived however I did pick up a copy in Scotland 2 weeks ago. I'm going to pay the small difference and upgrade the delivery method to speed things up, it's about GBP10.00.

[This message has been edited by Lawrence (edited 29 August 2003).]
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby Jeroen Kloppenburg » Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:46 pm

And I complain about my 3 week delay... (which is awefull long for anything from the UK to Holland as well btw)
Jeroen Kloppenburg
Silver Member

Postby yorkie » Sun Aug 17, 2003 7:55 am

I agree with your comments that the magazine is excellent etc but what gets me slightly anniyed is the total lack of response from the magazine staff to the request...can they print the dates or not?
yorkie

Postby Marcin Miller » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:07 am

Sorry it has taken a while to get back to you but I have been away for my annual vacation.

All subscription copies are mailed at the same time. Every subscribers copy leaves the printer and the mailing house on the same day.

Until recently, this was not the case with US copies which were shipped over first then mailed from the US.

I believe that all delivery problems (and I know there are several) come down to the postal service. Either locally (in the UK) or domestically (wherever you are). The Royal Mail recently admitted to losing a shocking amount of mail on a daily basis.

When complaints are received and replacement copies are despatched directly from the office they seem to arrive speedily. Service is about how we react to problems. So feel free to alert me individually regarding your concerns on marcin@whiskymag.com and I'll see what I can do.

I will look at publishing dates for the next twelve months.

Thank you for your support.

M
Marcin Miller

Postby adogranonthepitch » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:46 pm

Dear Marcin

Great Magazine, love it, want to take it home to meet the mother, thats how good it is................however, the website is a bit diferent.

If it wasn't the for the forum, I dont think I would use it.

It always seems out of date, the 'retarction' bit about 'Fiddich and @ the Vatting they do or dont do, looked slap dash and amateurish. The Marks out of ten for every whisky doesnt appear to have been up dated for some time.

This is excellent resource for us whisky fanatics, something In deed I would be prepared to pay for (say an uprated subscription to include access to special parts of the site)

Why not orgainse some form of chatroom, with again famous stars of the whisky fraturnity. Again, for a small sum, some thing I would be prepared to pay for.

To finish on a high note, the magazine continues to be 10 out of 10.

Yours

adogranonthepitch
adogranonthepitch
Gold Member

Postby Rudolph Hucker » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:52 am

Have heard - but can't get any confirmation -that a new website is being planned with some industry backing which may be called <whisky update > or < whisky record > or something equally snappy!

Allegedly will have a newsletter / magazine format and will be used to promote whisky generically rather than for a producer or group of producers.

Anyone else heard anything?

Cheers

Rudolph
Rudolph Hucker
Silver Member

Postby yorkie » Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:25 pm

:(

So back in August we were going to get the publication dates listing........I still haven't found it but am enjoying the thrill of the hunt!

Let's keep it simple .."When is the Issue 37 to be published?"
yorkie

Postby lexkraai » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:50 am

I got my copy of issue 37 a week and a half ago, so it's out already. Granted, I live close to the source .....

Cheers, Lex
lexkraai
Silver Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:27 pm

Im still waiting for Issue 37. I still dont understand why these thins take so long while a replacement copy takes about three or four days to get here...

Cheers,

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby Hendriks » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:04 pm

Like Erik and others i'm getting fed up with this magazine.
Ok it is a nice magazine and the replacement service is ok, but we all pay good money for the magazine to fall on our doorstep at a normal time and not some weeks later or not at all.

Get it together guys this is taking too long.

Dennis
Hendriks

Publication dates and delivery

Postby Marcin Miller » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:32 pm

Hi there,

I understand and appreciate your frustration. And I know it is of no consolation to you if your copies arrive late or not at all that you are in a minority.

As I mentioned in my posting of August 28th, all the delivery problems I have come across have been due to domestic and local postal problems.

All subscription copies are mailed on the same day by the mailing house. If you contact me directly to let me know your copy has not arrived then a replacement copy is sent out promptly.

Naturally, this isn't great for me either as it involves the cost of another copy as well as additional mailing costs.

So, please accept my sincere apologies and let me know when you are having problems: marcin@whiskymag.com

Thank you all for your continued support.

Marcin
Marcin Miller

Postby WestVanDave » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:38 am

Dear Marcin and the Whisky Mag gang: I am adding my name to the list of confused and impatient subscribers - at least I had hoped I'd be able to call myself a subscriber by now, but alas, I am still waiting... Here's the story:

My wife kindly bought me a subscription to WM as a XMas present. I received two letters dated December 2003 (no date specified) to let me know that my subscription would start with Issue 37. These letters bore two different subscriber #'s (WISK023964 & WISK023986). My wife wrote an e-mail to Whisky Magazine to clarify that this was supposed to be a single order - but to date has not received a reply.

We then noticed that our VISA bill showed two debits as a result of this error. I then wrote an e-mail to WM (January 28th) again pointing out this error - NO RESPONSE.

Upon revisiting this thread (hey - I have to re-read this Forum if I haven't got a magazine to read) - it would appear that Lex received his copy around mid-January (presumably a week and a half before his post on January 27th).

So - here's where I sit - as of Monday February 9th:

1) We have not received Issue 37
2) We have been charged for two subscriptions - in error
3) We have submitted two e-mails to Whisky Magazine - and have not had even a simple acknowledgement or reply
4) I'm ready for a drink!!! :x

What is going on????

Cheers, Dave Mason.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Looking into it

Postby Marcin Miller » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:59 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the trouble to write to me.

I am sorry you had problems with your subscription. I'll look into it straight away.

For your information, the UK publication date for WM37 is 23rd January. The US and Canada publication date is 12th March. Having said that, we have improved our US and Canada service to such an extent that US copies of that issue are being delivered already, five weeks ahead of schedule!

Please accept my apologies for the confusion surrounding your subscription and rest assured I will revert to you as soon as I know the status.

Kind regards,

Marcin Miller
Publishing Director
Paragraph Publishing
Tel: +44(0)1603 633 808
Mobile: +44(0)7889 828 861
Marcin Miller

Postby WestVanDave » Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:19 am

Thanks Marcin - I appreciate your reply and the additional responses from the subscription department confirming the correction to the billing error and the pending delivery of Issue 37 - I'll keep you apprised...

Cheers, Dave.
WestVanDave
Silver Member

Postby Bodemmeester » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:31 pm

Where's the moderator of this forum? We're awaiting issue number 38 and the discussion started with "when is 33 coming online?" 8)
Bodemmeester

Postby Matt2 » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:21 pm

Hi Bodemmeester,

Are you a subscriber waiting for your issue 38 or are you a website visitor waiting to read it online only ?

We are looking at a system to allow subscribers access to all articles online, but non-subscribers will only be able to read the first 2 or 3 paragraphs. Hopefully this will fix the delays in publishing the mag online and keep everyone happy.

There will soon be a report page on this site where you can enter the date you received your subscription copies. This will help us to work out where any problems are in local postal services.

Matt.
Matt2

Postby Bodemmeester » Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:47 pm

Hi Matt,

I'm neither one of those. As I never was able to find an outlet which would sell Whisky Mag in my hometown Utrecht, I found myself lucky enough to have found an address in Nijmegen (East Netherlands) where they are really kind and put aside a copy of the magazine for me.

But... these people have to sell "NO" to others a few too many times. They mention that they can't get enough copies of the magazine, and once they come, they come in very small parcels.

Reading all these entries of people who are subcribed to the mag and have problems with receiving a copy in time, I believe I will stick to my Nijmegen address for now.

Julian
Bodemmeester

Return to Whisky Magazine

Whisky gift and present finder