Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Value of VXO Fitzgerald from 1957 bottled in bond

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.

Value of VXO Fitzgerald from 1957 bottled in bond

Postby brianh » Fri May 16, 2008 6:07 am

I acquired a bottle of Very Xtra Old Fitzgerald Fine Bourbon. It was bottled in BOND and was barreled in 1957 and bottled in 1967. It has the Stitzel Weller Label across the top of the bottle and all stickers are intact and in pristine condition. The bottle itself is very interesting. It is a clear bottle with like gold inlaid markings or lines all over the bottle. Any idea what this may be worth or who may be interested in it ? I don't have pictures scanned in, but if someone is interested in pics, or if you have information regarding this bottle of bourbon, please e-mail me directly at bkhazlett2004@yahoo.com. Thank You
brianh

Re: Value of VXO Fitzgerald from 1957 bottled in bond

Postby oldrip57 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:34 am

It's a very nice bottle, very likely containing excellent bourbon. It sells on eBay occasionally for c. $300, which is too much for me, as I would open it and drink it. (Now, I've certainly paid -- almost -- that much for bottles I've subsequently drunk, but can't afford to do it very often :) ). If you'd like to offer it for half that :thumbsup:, we'd very likely have a deal.
oldrip57
Bronze Member

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder