Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardbeg Very Young

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Ardbeg Very Young

Ardbeg Very Young

Postby DanAir » Sun May 25, 2008 2:10 am

Does anyone know anywhere I can get hold of a VY without paying stupid prices? I have the rest of the series and with the incoming Reneissance I'd love to do a 4-way Head 2 Head.
DanAir
Bronze Member

Re: Ardbeg Very Young

Postby lohssanami » Sun May 25, 2008 4:19 am

I don't think you'll find it for less than $100 USD anywhere. Good Luck!!!

Where do you live?
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Postby Di Blasi » Sun May 25, 2008 9:59 am

lohssanami wrote:I don't think you'll find it for less than $100 USD anywhere. Good Luck!!!

Where do you live?

If you can find it still at 100$ I'd pick up as many as possible cause I think they're probably going for at least 80£.
Di Blasi
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby DanAir » Sun May 25, 2008 10:39 am

Di Blasi wrote:
lohssanami wrote:I don't think you'll find it for less than $100 USD anywhere. Good Luck!!!

Where do you live?

If you can find it still at 100$ I'd pick up as many as possible cause I think they're probably going for at least 80£.

I live in London and I'd definitely pay $100 and possibly £80 but I simply can't find it. Any suggestions?
DanAir
Bronze Member

Postby Spirit of Islay » Sun May 25, 2008 11:16 am

I'd be very surprised if you can pick up one that cheap anywhere , the only places i'd say you'd get an AVY is either on E-bay or at the Whisky Auction and they'd be an arm and a leg .
Spirit of Islay
Triple Gold Member

Postby r900p » Sun May 25, 2008 11:41 am

Over £100 now easily.

Best of luck.
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby John McGill » Sun May 25, 2008 12:18 pm

DanAir wrote:I live in London and I'd definitely pay $100 and possibly £80 but I simply can't find it. Any suggestions?

Best price I can see is approx. £95 but that's mail order and you'd have p&p on top of that.

http://www.oldwhisky.net/Catalogoframe.php?lan=Eng&cat=Ardbeg&cat2=
John McGill
Bronze Member

Postby DanAir » Sun May 25, 2008 12:29 pm

Thanks for all the tips. I know it's newer but the Still Young doesn't seem to be going in that direction as quickly - it's still available from Ardbeg for £30. Is it worth stocking up?
DanAir
Bronze Member

Postby Leither » Sun May 25, 2008 1:34 pm

DanAir - just buy the ASY, as you say still around for £30. The AVY is an experience in itself but prices are scary. Going on e-bay for over £100.

To me the AVY was like 'sookin a growbag' very much full on peat and not much else, whereas the ASY had a bit more depth and more flavours.
Leither
Gold Member

Postby Willie JJ » Sun May 25, 2008 1:35 pm

If you like it then it is worth stocking up. The prices on the ASY are heading North already.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Sherried Malt » Sun May 25, 2008 3:25 pm

DanAir wrote:Does anyone know anywhere I can get hold of a VY without paying stupid prices? I have the rest of the series and with the incoming Reneissance I'd love to do a 4-way Head 2 Head.

DA, there are several shops in New Zealand that list the VY on their sites. Don't know if they still have it in stock but I'll send you their info. No affiliation, etc.

Good luck.
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Postby DanAir » Mon May 26, 2008 12:40 am

Sherried Malt wrote:DA, there are several shops in New Zealand that list the VY on their sites. Don't know if they still have it in stock but I'll send you their info. No affiliation, etc.

Thanks for the info SM, unfortunately only one of them seem to offer international deliveries so I placed an order. I received an email back from them saying that it was out of stock, but the delivery would have been around 240 NZD!! I think the answer will have to lie a little closer to home, but accept the fact that I've probably missed the proverbial boat on this particular bottle.
DanAir
Bronze Member

Postby Sherried Malt » Mon May 26, 2008 2:44 am

DanAir wrote:
Sherried Malt wrote:DA, there are several shops in New Zealand that list the VY on their sites. Don't know if they still have it in stock but I'll send you their info. No affiliation, etc.

Thanks for the info SM, unfortunately only one of them seem to offer international deliveries so I placed an order. I received an email back from them saying that it was out of stock, but the delivery would have been around 240 NZD!! I think the answer will have to lie a little closer to home, but accept the fact that I've probably missed the proverbial boat on this particular bottle.

240 NZD??? For that price, it better be hand-delivered by Miss New Zealand herself! Along with all her best-looking girlfriends... :P
Sherried Malt
Double Gold Member

Postby Muskrat Portage » Mon May 26, 2008 4:41 am

Sherried Malt wrote:
240 NZD??? For that price, it better be hand-delivered by Miss New Zealand herself! Along with all her best-looking girlfriends... :P
Samantha Powell? Oh yes, sign me up for a delivery!
Musky
Muskrat Portage
Triple Gold Member

Postby lohssanami » Mon May 26, 2008 5:47 am

I got my mine from New Zealand @ $100 USD each, but I was fortunate enough to have a friend bring it back for me a couple of months ago.

Too bad he they couldn't bring back Miss NZ too.
lohssanami
Double Gold Member

Related whiskies : Ardbeg Very Young

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder