Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

GLENMORANGIE TRADITIONAL

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Glenmorangie Traditional

GLENMORANGIE TRADITIONAL

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Simple question re "Glenmorangie Traditional". Is/was this expression (which I think was sold mainly airside) phased out during Glenmorangie's re-branding?
Deactivated Member

Re: GLENMORANGIE TRADITIONAL

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 29, 2008 8:21 pm

Many thanks. I was through an airport yesterday. Unfortunately, the tax free shopping was closed up through the night. But I'm pretty sure that I saw 'dumpy' litre bottles of this on the discount shelf. A somewhat bland looking beige box that looked as if it was lined with sack-cloth or somesuch. Sound familiar?
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 29, 2008 10:01 pm

Have seen this very recently (Monday, in fact) at a duty-free entering the US from Canada (Quebec). That doesn't really mean anything, though--various odd things linger in stock at some of these places. (This df has some old HP25's, one of which will soon be mine, oh yes it will.) There's a bottle of the Trad somewhere here in the Midden Heap, and I drained one some years ago. I would be very hesitant to share the recollections of a novice malt drinker at this point. I think it was my first cask-strength bottle. I'd have compared it then to a Macallan cs, and I'm sure that's well off-base.
Deactivated Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu May 29, 2008 11:17 pm

Um...I'm not sure. Maybe not that old--at the moment, I can't find the previous one I had. The black wooden box, rather than the plastic tube. 50.7%, I think. A sublime malt, in any case.
Deactivated Member

Postby jimidrammer » Thu May 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Collector57 wrote:The "Dumpy" HP 25??? :shock: :shock:
Oh lucky man! :mrgreen: :evil:

That's the one I had. Tapered dumpy bottle in a round wooden tube with an oversized cork @ 53.5% abv. Can anyone compare it to the new flat bottle @ 48.1% abv? I've been contemplating it, but at $194US, it may sit on the back burner until winter.
jimidrammer
Gold Member

Postby WhiskyViking » Fri May 30, 2008 7:01 am

It's discontinued but quite a number of bottles still hang around in duty-free shops around the world - even here in Norway.

Hopefully Glenmorangie will come up with something new to replace it. I think it's a smashing dram - unfortunaltely my bottle is empty and I havn't got any travel plans that include going through Oslo Airport (whick is the only one carrying it according to the webpage).
WhiskyViking
Bronze Member

Related whiskies : Glenmorangie Traditional

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder