Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Black Grouse

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : The Black Grouse

Black Grouse

Postby hilliamash » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:38 am

So, I'm dying to know what any of you folks think about the Black Grouse, now that it's been launched. I haven't seen it here yet, but was curious if anyone has tried it. That too might be a nice "sherry & peat" combo. Of course, I suppose I could always bribe someone to get me a bottle! Ha! :?

harry
hilliamash
Bronze Member

Re: Black Grouse

Postby objetti » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:51 am

It´s been sold here for over a year and it is a perfectly OK blend with some Islay influence (I find it better than the ordinary Grouse even if I can rather obviously taste that blend inside the Black also)
You will actually help the real Black Grouse bird by buying a bottle (50p should go to preservation project from what I´ve heard)
objetti
Bronze Member

Postby hilliamash » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:00 am

Thanks, Objetti. I had read about the conservation efforts, and that is a boon hopefully to the real bird. Nice to see companies getting involved in such a way--small amounts can really add up to help a cause.
hilliamash
Bronze Member

Postby Willie JJ » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:14 am

The conservation angle is quite genuine. I attended the launch of the RSPB collaboration bottling at the nature reserve on Islay a couple of weeks ago and the RSPB folks were quite excited about it. 50p is the amount that will go to the RSPB. As far as the dram is concerned it is very enjoyable and well worth trying.

Drink and charity work all rolled into one. Really makes you feel good about yourself. :)
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Gov » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 am

Oh When oh when is it coming to the US!! :evil:
Gov
Gold Member

Postby les taylor » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:58 am

My father is a fan of the Grouse and a member of the RSPB. So he has been looking forward to the release of this one for ages. He phoned me from Sainsbury's yesterday all excited as he'd just got a bottle. £15 a pop. I'll probably get one on friday. :)
les taylor
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby hilliamash » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 am

I whole-heartedly agree, Willie!! And, in this case, the more you drink...the better one might feel! :dead:
hilliamash
Bronze Member

Related whiskies : The Black Grouse

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder