Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Jameson Signature Reserve

General chat and talk about whisky.

Jameson Signature Reserve

Postby IainB » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Does anyone know anything about this. My Dad said he picked up a bottle in the airport. I hadn't heard anything about it!
IainB
Gold Member

Re: Jameson Signature Reserve

Postby DavidH » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:19 pm

Quoting myself from my own website:

"Only available in Duty Frees, Jameson Signature Reserve is part of the newly-branded "Reserve" line-up from Irish Distillers (along with 12yo Special Reserve, Gold Reserve, 18yo Limited Reserve and Rarest Vintage Reserve).

Thanks to Michael Foggarty, of the Celtic Whiskey Shop, I had a chance to sample Signature Reserve. It's a rather sweet whiskey (think Opal Fruits/Starburst), no hard edges to it at all. I think it would be a very pleasant whiskey at a higher strength. As it is, the taste is somewhat thin and the finish very short. Hints at great things in the rest of the Reserve range, perhaps."
DavidH
Silver Member

Postby IainB » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:23 pm

So no age statement or anything like that. Is it positioned between Jameson NAS and the 12yo in the range I wonder?
IainB
Gold Member

Postby DavidH » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:31 pm

I don't know... any idea what your pop paid for it?
DavidH
Silver Member

Postby WhiskyViking » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:44 pm

It's £25.99 at World Duty Free.

dfnionline.com wrote:The company is rolling out a range of products in travel-retail throughout 2008, including Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve, Jameson 12yo Special Reserve, Jameson Gold Reserve, Jameson 18yo Limited Reserve and Jameson Signature Reserve.
WhiskyViking
Bronze Member

Postby DavidH » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:59 pm

WhiskyViking wrote:It's £25.99 at World Duty Free.

Any idea what Jameson 12yo would be there? I couldn't find their prices online.
DavidH
Silver Member

Postby irishwhiskeychaser » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:27 pm

Here's a pic for you and really stands out, I think I really like the blue :thumbsup: ..... heard about this ages ago and thought I was losing it when I could find no info on it and nobody seemed to know anything about it :o

irishwhiskeychaser
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby WhiskyViking » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:25 pm

DavidH wrote:
WhiskyViking wrote:It's £25.99 at World Duty Free.

Any idea what Jameson 12yo would be there? I couldn't find their prices online.

Haven't got a clue. Found the price for the Signature under a "Personal Shopper/Recommendations/Wine & Spirits"-banner.
WhiskyViking
Bronze Member

Postby moyboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:48 am

Hi Folks

I have a bottle of the 'Gold Reserve' and i paid a bit to much money for it i think (works out to be a bit over 60 pounds, after all the taxes and postage), but that's what it costs to get one off bottles into Australia. (don't even get me started on George T Stagg) :headbang:

It is a lovely drop. In a nose test with the gold and the standard 12y.o. side by side, it is not as sweet smelling but the gold has a nice character about it. You could sniff it a few times and each time identify something else.

The taste is slighty dry but every so often a hint of sweetness flows briefly over the taste buds. It is light and suttle and makes you wonder if it will stand up to the test of water, but after adding a few drops i was pleasantly suprised to find the somewhat delicate characters were as strong as every.

I've always been a fan of Jameson and the gold reserve give me no reason to stop. :D
moyboy

Postby cathach » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:46 pm

The signature is nice alright, I had an illicit nip out of a bottle when I was left in someone's house unattended for too long :)

Moyboy look at the bright side the Jameson Gold is E75-85 in the country where it's bloody well made!! Next time you're having it shipped, try to get them to put antique/collectable glass etc. etc. Mind you now you've been caught once, you're less likely to get caught again; isn't there a quantum equation for that or something?? {at least I hope so}
cathach
Silver Member

Postby moyboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Well i feel alot better now thanks cathach.

I will do that it, sounds like an idea that might work... (as long as they don't shake the box and feel the smooth shift of liquid flow). :o :)
moyboy

Postby UUNetBill » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:51 am

Maybe you could convince them that it's a freezer mug, you know, the ones with the liquid inside that keep your drinks chilled.

:wink:

I've sent several bottles so far that haven't been stopped (with one on the way as we speak - fingers crossed!) so I think a lot of it is the luck of the draw.

It'd be a lot easier if common sense prevailed and the feds just backed off the duty and customs and whatnot and just let whisky lovers be whisky lovers.

8)
UUNetBill
Silver Member

Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA - at the foot of Pikes Peak!

Return to Whisky Chat

Whisky gift and present finder