Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardmore Traditional Cask

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Ardmore

Ardmore Traditional Cask

Postby michael Foggarty » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:49 pm

Just cracked open this last week
Very impressed great peat mingled well with the rich fruity flavour almost reminded me of the latest Bowmore 15y Darkest, despite it being a speysider

Anyone else have an opinion on this
michael Foggarty

Re: Ardmore Traditional Cask

Postby bamber » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm

bamber
Double Gold Member

Postby mikeymad » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:05 pm

One thing to keep in mind is that you can just about always beat the standard releases with a particular IB. When you are talking about a product with many casks added in and used to produce a repeatable beverage at a price. It is much different than a hand picked cask for a single release at a higher (mostly) price point.

I cannot think of a standard OB that beats all the IB's out there.

Enjoy your new Ardmore

Cheers,
mikeymad
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:09 pm

mikeymad wrote:I cannot think of a standard OB that beats all the IB's out there.

Yes, but if you bothered to read the (many) other threads on Ardmore you'd discover that the traditional cask bottlings are not very well thought of - notwithstanding the disadvantages they suffer in being mass produced.

Perhaps we might continue the discussion on one of the other threads rather than open up new ones on existing topics...
Deactivated Member

Postby Reggaeblues » Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 am

Funnily enough (having just posted on another apparently repeat thread - "Longrow CV"!) I was just thinking about this whisky today. Another "surprise" new whisky, which, though it didn't impress me quite as much as the Longrow, was still a pleasant surprise in being different to anything else I'd tasted...and well worth the punt i took at sainsbury's to taste something from another legendary distillery.
Reggaeblues
Double Gold Member

Postby hilliamash » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:14 am

It's a shame that it supposedly gets such a bad rap...I quite enjoy it. Then again, I do like Teacher's as well. To each their own taste, I guess. :-D
hilliamash
Bronze Member

Postby borgom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:00 am

For anyone considering trying Ardmore I think you should try an indepedent bottling.
I'm working my way through both the standard DB and a Single Malts of Scotland 12yr CS.
The DB is ok but I wouldn't appreciate Ardmore and consider buyinig more if it was not for the IB.
borgom
Gold Member

Related whiskies : Ardmore

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder