Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

All your whisky related questions answered here.
Related whiskies : Aberlour a'bunadh

Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby bcrossan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:41 pm

I know there are a ton of posts on this dram but I can't really find the answer I need using search. For some reason the "14" won't hold in my search string so I get every single a'bunadh post which is a lot. :shock:

What is general feeling on batch 14 out there? I know 20 seems to be the mostly highly regarded batch but was curious what else is close behind. I stumbled upon several bottles of batch 14 to my suprise today and wanted to find out more opinions on it before I jump on some. :thumbsup:
User avatar
bcrossan
Silver Member
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Batch 14 had an excellent review in the Whisky Bible and it is as good as any A' Bunadh I've had. If you like youngish tasting full-on sherried whisky then buy it while it's still there.
Deactivated Member
 

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Ryguy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:49 pm

The lovely Batch #14, it's such a good one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Try typing "batch 14" under the search function, it works. You must use the quotes though. It is my understanding that when you put quotes, the system must find that exact set of words. For some reason the system doesn't like 14 as you mentioned.

You could also check the Aberlour Live Tasting Thread here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8968

or

Here are some thoughts on all of the different batches viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6943

Best of luck, any questions come back here, we'll try and help. :D :D :D
User avatar
Ryguy
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Winslow, Maine, USA

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby bcrossan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:13 pm

ryguy wrote:The lovely Batch #14, it's such a good one. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Try typing "batch 14" under the search function, it works. You must use the quotes though. It is my understanding that when you put quotes, the system must find that exact set of words. For some reason the system doesn't like 14 as you mentioned.

You could also check the Aberlour Live Tasting Thread here viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8968

or

Here are some thoughts on all of the different batches viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6943

Best of luck, any questions come back here, we'll try and help. :D :D :D


Thanks for the links. :thumbsup: I found the tasting thread in my search and some good comments on the 14. But the 'best batch' thread did not come up for me which is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. So it seems from reading that thread I should jump on some of their 14!! :iwbrnt:
User avatar
bcrossan
Silver Member
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Ryguy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Only problem now is finding it :( . The only batches available in my area now are 18 and 21.
User avatar
Ryguy
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Winslow, Maine, USA

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Ganga » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Did someone say a'bunadh? :D I see ryguy has pointed out the Aberlour tasting thread. In addition, I've done lots of tasting notes on various a'bunadhs at other times.

For the longest time, Batch 14 was discussed with such reverence that I would have compared it to the Holy Grail of a'bunadhs. This seems to have died down a bit but I think it is more a matter of people's cabinets emptying out and being replaced by new versions.

I have gone through almost all the batches between 6 and 23 (19 and 22 excepted) and batches 8, 14 and 20 were the cream of the crop. Immediately below these were batches 6, 7 and 12.
Ganga
Matured cask
 
Posts: 24180
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Ganga » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm

bcrossan wrote:I stumbled upon several bottles of batch 14 to my suprise today and wanted to find out more opinions on it before I jump on some. :thumbsup:


Missed this the first time. Buy them! :iwbrnt:
Ganga
Matured cask
 
Posts: 24180
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:57 pm
Location: Sylmar, CA

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Ryguy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:23 pm

Ganga wrote:
bcrossan wrote:I stumbled upon several bottles of batch 14 to my suprise today and wanted to find out more opinions on it before I jump on some. :thumbsup:


Missed this the first time. Buy them! :iwbrnt:


Whoa, I missed that part I guess. I find it hard to believe there are any around, retail anyway. Buy them all! I know that I would in a second. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Ryguy
Triple Gold Member
 
Posts: 2835
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:32 pm
Location: Winslow, Maine, USA

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Deactivated Member » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:27 pm

ryguy wrote:Buy them all! I know that I would in a second. :thumbsup:

Yes, so would I. Although it breaks my heart to think of them being consumed in the Texan climate. I hope bcrossan has aircon to appreciate them at their best.
Deactivated Member
 

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby bcrossan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:27 pm

ryguy wrote:
Ganga wrote:
bcrossan wrote:I stumbled upon several bottles of batch 14 to my suprise today and wanted to find out more opinions on it before I jump on some. :thumbsup:


Missed this the first time. Buy them! :iwbrnt:


Whoa, I missed that part I guess. I find it hard to believe there are any around, retail anyway. Buy them all! I know that I would in a second. :thumbsup:


I was shocked too when I saw that on the first bottle in the row. I looked at the next one and same thing. I didn't get a full count but they had probably 5 bottles in the row, so i need to go back and see how many 14 are there total. :thumbsup:
User avatar
bcrossan
Silver Member
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby bcrossan » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Nick Brown wrote:
ryguy wrote:Buy them all! I know that I would in a second. :thumbsup:

Yes, so would I. Although it breaks my heart to think of them being consumed in the Texan climate. I hope bcrossan has aircon to appreciate them at their best.


No worries on the airconditioning... TX would be a ghost land without it... so I can still find this one enjoyable!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
bcrossan
Silver Member
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby LeoDLion » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:49 pm

bcrossan, you dont mind buying a bottle or two for me? :D
User avatar
LeoDLion
Gold Member
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: Texas, US

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby Lawrence » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Generally batch #14 is deemed to be the best batch so far. I laid away many bottles for the future (to drink).
Lawrence
Matured cask
 
Posts: 5019
Joined: Wed May 21, 2003 1:01 am
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada

Re: Aberlour a'bunadh Batch 14

Postby bamber » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:46 pm

Type this in Google:

aberlour batch 14 site:whiskymag.com/forum
User avatar
bamber
Double Gold Member
 
Posts: 1913
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:57 pm
Location: Bristol, UK

Related whiskies : Aberlour a'bunadh

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder