Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ludlow Whisky Festival, Saturday September 13th 2008

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Ludlow Whisky Festival, Saturday September 13th 2008

Postby The Whisky Lounge » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi All,

I am pleased to announce the inaugural 1st Ludlow Whisky Festival!
Some of you may have attended the York Festival that I have organised for the last 6 years and it has been a great success. Whilst not on the scale of Whisky Live or the Fringe, it is a chance for those of you not able to get to London, Edinburgh or Glasgow to join in the fun.
A brief run-down...

Ludlow Whisky Festival
Saturday 13th September 2008
The Old School Rooms, Ludlow, Shropshire
12-6pm, £12.50 per ticket

Exhibitors so far confirmed include (but are not confined to) Compass Box, Diageo, Balvenie, Macallan, Highland Park, Bowmore, Auchentoshen, Suntory, Dalmore, Jura, Buffalo Trace, Cooleys.
There are also 5 masterclass sessions during the day at the princely sum of £5 each. These include sessions by Colin Dunn of Diageo, Andy Forrester of Balvenie and yours truly doing a Japan Vs Scotland session.

Further detail and tickets can be obtained through the website (http://www.thewhiskylounge.com) but please bear with me as I seem to be having some issues with accessing the website as of today. If you are interested and unable to access it, please PM me or call me on 01904 466227.

I hope to see a good few of you there!

Cheers,
Eddie
The Whisky Lounge

Re: Ludlow Whisky Festival, Saturday September 13th 2008

Postby MGillespie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Eddie, I'll add it to my website's calendar of events immediately!

Mark
MGillespie
Double Gold Member

Postby r900p » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:49 pm

Just booked tickets for the Laph vs Ardbeg in Newcastle, just been looking at train times from Liverpool to Ludlow, 3 hours aint that bad i suppose. I think i'd prefer to attend one in York but this would be equally fun i think.

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Postby The Whisky Lounge » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi all,

It is with huge regret that I have to inform you that this event has had to be cancelled. This was due to a last minute problem with the venue.
Apologies to anyone planning on travelling down/up.

However, anybody in the Yorkshire area should put the 27th September in their diaries as this the date for the 6th York Whisky Festival - see the Whisky Lounge Yorkshire happenings post!

Cheers,
Eddie
The Whisky Lounge

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder