Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Glenmorangie 1971 ?

All your whisky related questions answered here.

Glenmorangie 1971 ?

Postby triboubou » Thu Aug 14, 2003 5:46 pm

Well i'm french so excuse my english. Image

I have buy recently 2 bottles of Glenmorangie 1971, 43°, 70 cl in wood boxes. The price was about 81.27 € each.

On the rear of the bottles I can read that :

"this bottling commerates the 150th anniversary of the official opening of the Glenmorangie Distillery, in 1843".

What can you say to me about the price I'have paid for*, and the testing for that whisky ? I'can't find anything with "google", and my french buysite (?) don't answer me, so I count about you, experts Image . If somoene know Michael Jackson... Image Image

*I see that there's another bottle (the last) where I work, so can I buy these too ?

Ok you can see it in : http://www.whiskyauction.com/auction/images/RIMG7140.JPG

[This message has been edited by triboubou (edited 14 August 2003).]
triboubou

Postby Lawrence » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:00 am

Your english is great. We recently hosted a Glenmorangie evening with Anthony Burnet of Glenmorangie. According to him, there is no more Glenmorangie 1971 left. He brought one bottle for us to try and it was exceptional. If you have two bottles drink one now and save the other one and the......drink it too. that's what it was made for. the price you paid is very reasonable.
Lawrence
Matured cask

Postby triboubou » Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:47 am

Ok, thanks to you Lawrence.

Ps : soon I will have a third bottle... Image
triboubou

Postby Czarny » Wed Sep 10, 2003 5:46 pm

Salut Triboubou,
As You are french you probably live in France. Well so do I... I was wondering where did you buy your Glenmorangie 1971, as I'm interested in buying a bottle.
Merci
@+
Czarny

Postby triboubou » Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:43 am

Bonjour Czarny,

VO : je l'ai acheté dans le magasin où je travaille, c'est à dire à METRO situé à Vaulx en Velin, près de Lyon. C'est un magasin réservé aux professionels de l'alimentation (épiciers, restaurateurs...).
Il n'est pas accessible aux particuliers.
De plus il n'en reste plus qu'une seule ! Et je vais surement me l'acheter Image

VE : I've buy it where i'm working. METRO at Vaulx en Velin (near Lyon) departement 69. This is a "shop", where only the professionals of food (i.e. epicery, restaurant...) could go. It is not accessible to the private individuals.

At least there's only one bottle left, and I think that I will buy it soon. Image

The site of METRO is here

Au revoir, Bye.
triboubou

Postby Deactivated Member » Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:48 pm

Hi triboubou,

81.27 Euro for this Glenmorangie 1971 is not a bad price. I bought one at the distillery for 70 GBP at the time and that was 4 years ago.

Good deal

Erik
Deactivated Member

Postby whiskyjack7 » Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:23 pm

I also 1 1/2 bottles of the 71 in oak box paid 60.00 cad
whiskyjack7

Return to Questions & Answers

Whisky gift and present finder