Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Benromach Origins - interested

Your tastes and our tastes are discussed here, so make sure you share your pleasures with us.
Related whiskies : Benromach Origins

Benromach Origins - interested

Postby r900p » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:40 pm

In a bid to expand my knowledge i think i may get these as they come out to try.

https://www.lfw.co.uk/main.html

Any thoughtts would be great, how is it as a dram as i've never tried Benromach.

Cheers,

Rob
r900p
Double Gold Member

Re: Benromach Origins - interested

Postby Wave » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 am

That Benromach Origins looks very nice indeed! I'm hoping some of it ventures to this side of the pond. The Benromach's I've tasted have been good to very good (Traditional & Organic) and a +60% cask strength I tasted at the distillery was surprisingly smooth for it's tender age of just 7 years old. In all I think they are a worthy Speysider to explore.

Cheers!
Wave
Double Gold Member

Re: Benromach Origins - interested

Postby Willie JJ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:22 am

Rob when G&M restarted distilling at Benromach 10 years ago their avowed focus was on quality rather than quantity. We are starting to see these whiskies coming to the market at respectable ages now (this one appears to be 8 or 9 years old). I for one am very much looking forward to seeing how they are coming along.

Cheers

PS past Benromachs have been decent. The new 'Traditional' (I know that sounds stupid) is good but has a young feel about it.
Willie JJ
Cask Strength Gold Member

Related whiskies : Benromach Origins

Return to Whisky Tastings

Whisky gift and present finder