Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Ardbeg Masterclass Tasting - 16/10/2008

Please tell us about any events coming up, or review events you have been to recently.

Ardbeg Masterclass Tasting - 16/10/2008

Postby Matt2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:44 pm

Ardbeg Masterclass Tasting
with Mr Michael (Mickey) Heads (Ardbeg distillery Manager)

Mickey joined Ardbeg as manager in March 2007 and has successfully adapted to Islay life , well, being a native Ileach and having worked briefly at the distillery there was nothing stopping him thriving in the spirit that was by then Ardbeg s 10 year old rejuvenation . Mickey is the Chairman of the Ardbeg committee, a group numbering x thousands; and is responsible for many a dramers delight.

They'll not all be coming to Stourbridge with Michael ,the cellar rooms are cosy enough with a merry band of the few; but those that do make it will be experiencing Ardbeg both old and new in the whisky to be tasted on the night.

The Ardbeg Blasda New release ...in Gaelic meaning 'sweet and delicious' lightly peated (Scarce the thought !) is the new release to be tasted alongside some bottlings from casks laid down of old. All tasters will get a chance to win a bottle of Ardbeg 17yo to take away on the night.

Venue : Stourbridge,West Midlands
Date : Thursday 16th October, 7:30 pm
Tickets : £25 available on 01384 394518
Matt2

Re: Ardbeg Masterclass Tasting - 16/10/2008

Postby Ryguy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Oh I am sooo jealous! I wanna go!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ryguy
Triple Gold Member

Re: Ardbeg Masterclass Tasting - 16/10/2008

Postby Deactivated Member » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:15 pm

I'd so love to go to this, but it's the time and expense.

Train fare from Milton Keynes to Stourbridge, overnight hotel, meals, entrance to tasting - £125?

Plus Thursday afternoon and Friday off work - 1.5 days leave.

Sad face.
Deactivated Member

Return to Whisky Events

Whisky gift and present finder