Not a member? - Register and login now.
All registered users can read our entire magazine archive.

Old Tullamore Dew

Do you have a 50 year old vintage waiting to be discovered by a worthy collector? Post your details here and find out!
Forum rules
Please note items can not be offered for sale on this forum.
Related whiskies : Tullamore Dew

Old Tullamore Dew

Postby Darth Naracc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:48 pm

My Grandfather purchased a bottle of Tullamore Dew Irish Whisky that was dated 1956 and was aged 12 years. It is un-opened an still has awax seel on the top. It is in perfect condition. Any idea how much it is worth?
This is a link to what the bottle looks like but this one has already been opened. http://www.whiskyauction.com/cgi-bin/au ... item=WD030
Any reply would be great.
Darth Naracc

Re: Old Tullamore Dew

Postby Aidan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:49 pm

I'm afraid these don't go for huge amounts as there are a lot of them. If you put it up for acution, it could go for anything between 50 euro and 100 euro. That's my best guess, anyway.
Aidan
Cask Strength Gold Member

Postby JCSkinner » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:49 am

I've three bottles/crocks of very old (but post 1954) Tullamore and I didn't pay more than 40 quid for any one of them.
Unfortunately, production of Tullamore Dew moved from the Tullamore Distillery after that (to Midleton
A bottle from Tullamore Distillery would likely attract interest from people, both local to that area and those who would like to taste the output of this distillery (the alternative being to spend 500 euro or so on a bottle of Willie Napier).
But your bottle seems to be just the wrong side of the distillery closure.
If you could prove conclusively (somehow) that your Dew was Tullamore output (which it would be if it were bottled at 12 yo in 56), people might be more interested than if it is Midleton output.
JCSkinner
Bronze Member

Postby Deactivated Member » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:27 pm

I agree with Aidan, I have an empty one, but the full ones don't fetch too much money, unfortunately.
MT
Deactivated Member

Related whiskies : Tullamore Dew

Return to Collector's Corner

Whisky gift and present finder