Run by the team at Whisky Magazine, the Icons of Whisky awards aim to celebrate the best and brightest people and places in the sector – not just the distilleries and the teams that work in them, but also the individuals and businesses that work to support and promote them and their products.
From bartenders to brand ambassadors, retailers to visitor attraction managers, the 2021 Icons of Whisky awards will honour those who have worked hard to further the industry in what has been an incredibly challenging 12 months.
Although the Covid-19 pandemic means that the awards cannot be presented in person this year, the Icons of Whisky team will be hosting five virtual presentations to announce the regional winners in America, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, and the rest of the world.
These awards presentations will be broadcast on Facebook and YouTube in the week beginning 1 February, so viewers around the globe can tune in and discover the winners in their region.
Below are the broadcast times for each of the regional 2021 Icons of Whisky awards presentations:
- Icons of Whisky America: Monday, 1 February at 12.30pm Central Time (6.30pm GMT)
- Icons of Whisky Australia: Tuesday, 2 February at 7.30pm Australian Eastern Daylight Time (8.30am GMT)
- Icons of Whisky Ireland: Wednesday, 3 February at 6.30pm GMT
- Icons of Whisky Rest of World: Thursday, 4 February at 1.30pm Central European Time (12.30pm GMT)
- Icons of Whisky Scotland: Friday, 5 February at 12.30pm GMT
The presentations will also feature the highly commended nominees in each awards category and the shortlisted entrants.
You can join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #WhiskyMagAwards. For more information about the Icons of Whisky awards go to www.iconsofwhisky.com.